80

Phil and I stood behind the curtain waiting for the meet and greet to begin.

I was wondering why I'd agreed to it.

A scream sounded from behind us, a feminine voice yelling "I love you, Dan!"

They're lying.

They hate you.

They're here to laugh.

Phil put his hand in mine, holding my gaze. "They really do love you. So do I. They're here to tell you how much you mean to them."

Our hands were separated as the first fan emerged from around the curtain.

I greeted them, a smile on my face.

Thought the meet and greet, we heard so many stories about how our videos help them through panic attacks, give them a purpose, and even save their lives.

We were nearing the end when a fan, who introduced themselves as Ellie, told us her story.

She told us how she didn't want to live anymore, and tried to take her life - but then her friend introduced her to our videos, and now she had a reason to hold on.

She'd almost finished when Phil ran out, hands covering his face.

I finished signing their jumper before I ran off after him.

The sound of crying led me to Phil, and I pulled him into a hug.

"What's this about, then?" I asked softly.

"I just keep thinking of you... the things these people have been through... it kept reminding me of you. It's so scary seeing you in a bad state - it makes me worried you'll... try again."

My arms held him tighter as I struggled for something to reassure him, to tell him I was here to stay.

But I didn't want to lie to him.