Chapter 19: The Absent Son

Start from the beginning

"I am not your sister." I managed to keep my voice even.

"You are. Alpha Denver was my father but he was in love with my mother before he met his beloved mate. Your mother," he growled. His green eyes turning a darker shade.

"You're lying!" I snapped.

"No sister. I'm not. Even ask Trisha, she knew all along. Why do you think daddy kept her close?" he laughed wickedly. I looked at Trisha who was shaking, keeping her gaze locked to the floor.

"You knew?" I growled.

"I-I am s-s-sorry Luna," she stuttered.

"And you. You were behind the schemes of trying to kill me?" I glared at Damon.

"Bingo!" he raised his hand into the air point at the ceiling enthusiastically. He was the definition of psychotic.

"You killed my father?" I growled.

"Our father," he corrected me. "No, I didn't kill him but when I heard of his death, I knew this was my chance to lead. My chance to build a new era!"

Who killed my father? I glanced at Alpha Helsin, his facial expression was blank. Shit. I felt like I would pass out. I can't trust anyone. Not even Trisha, the woman who I thought of as a sister. Breaking me from thoughts, Damon was in front of me in seconds. He moved too quickly to barely see him. How was that possible? Werewolves were fast, but not that fast.

"What are you?" I hissed.

"What? Daddy didn't tell you his secret about the woman he loved before your mother?" He chuckled while staring into my eyes intently.

"No."

"She was a vampire. Your father got her pregnant and well..." he trailed off walking around the room like he owned the place. Owned us. "He found his mate and dumped her. Not giving a bloody damn that she was carrying his child. She couldn't go back to the vampire covens. They would kill her."

My heart pounded in my ears. Vampire? She was a fucking a vampire? Nobody has crossed bred in thousands of years. Before the Solstice and Crescent moon began their ongoing war, the longest war ever in the history of werewolves. It was forbidden. The room began spinning slightly as my head got heavy.

"So, she sought shelter from a kind pack. The Glacier Pack. Living all the way out in Russia." he shook his head in disapproval.

"How do you know about this Trisha?" I snapped. We were almost the same age, how could I have missed it?

"M-my parents. Before their death. They told me about it but I thought it might just be stories." she shook like a leaf, refusing to risk looking at me.

"Oh, Trisha. You break my heart." Damon moved towards her, lifting her chin with his fingers so she had to look up at him. "Trisha here met me a few years ago at one of the clubs in town. We're mates."

My heart ached. She never told me she even found her mate. She was playing me all these years and I trusted her. I wanted to throw the table, I wanted to break shit. Anything. Anyone. It took everything I had to remain put.

"So. Sister. You have two options, hand over the Alpha position to me or," he paused glancing at the ceiling as if he was thinking about it. "I will challenge you. Do you really think you can outdo your own brother, let alone a hybrid?"

I clenched my fists tightly together, my nails digging into my skin until it stung. I knew if I accepted the challenge, I most likely would not get out alive. Too much vampire venom was lethal to werewolves and too much werewolf venom was lethal to vampires. It was the rarest thing in the world for the offspring of both vampire and werewolf to survive. This was my pack though, and I felt he would destroy this pack. I would not let him take over without a fight.

"Luna Zara." I heard Alpha Helsin say softly.

He walked up to me and kneeled down on one knee. What was with this man and kneeling to me? Usually, it would be romantic but all I could do was stare at Damon with pure hatred.

"Yes?" I said through clenched jaws.

"You can lead my pack. I will let you rule above me." Alpha Helsin offered. I glanced down at him, his expression was dead-serious. This man, the feared Alpha, was willing to give up all his power to me? I noticed other Alphas and Betas looked shocked at his proposal.

"Why?"

"You're my mate. I'd do anything for you. He is not worth dying for. Please Luna?" his pleading did nothing to simmer my anger. I would not fail my father and let this power hungry bastard take over my beloved pack.

"No. I will not fail my pack. My people. My pups. My family" I growled.

"It's a challenge then?" Damon clapped his hands together, looking more evil by the second.

"Yes." I hissed. I would die with honor if that is what it comes to. In seconds Damon speed at me before I could blink. My back crashed into the hard wall, causing me to lose my breath. His hands clasped around my neck, cutting off the air.

"It was a bad choice sister," he whispered into my ear looking at me with amusement as his eyes turned completely black in bloodlust and his vampiric fangs formed.

Audience:

Uh oh! What has Zara gotten herself into?

What does everyone think so far?

Now we know who was behind her attacks, but what about her father? Any thoughts?

Hope everyone enjoys!

Thank you for reading (:

xoxo