Is he wearing pink socks?

Why the hell am I thinking about how attractive he is? I literally nearly just shit my pants - this is not the time to be thinking about that.

His eyes are crinkled in amusement at the corners, giving away the wide smile he's covering and I purse my lips, drawing my eyes into slits "Something funny about this to you?"

He coughs into his hand to hide his laugh before shaking his head, giving me a feigned shocked expression "I have no idea what you're talking about"

He presses his full cherry lips together firmly, fighting the them quirking up at the corners.

"You're an awful liar" I point out, trying to stop my own lips from tugging into a smirk.

He lifts his shoulders in defeat  "Cant argue with you there sweetheart"

He's an awfully cheeky liar.

I purse my lips, nodding, while I turn and make my way around the bar to where he's standing.

"So" I start, standing in front him, folding my arms over my chest and craning my neck up to look at his face, was he always this tall?

"You always try to kill your boss on the first day?"

"Actually this is a first for me" he drags out, rubbing his jaw between his thumb and forefinger thoughtfully.

I gasp sarcastically "Lucky me then?"

"Doubt it, I think I'm the lucky one here"  he replies smoothly, there's an overwhelming affection in his eyes that has that nagging feeling in my stomach flaring up again.

I beg your pardon?

My face drops and my brows crease together, confused at his reply and before I can't ask what he means, he continues

"I'm sorry for scaring you by the way, I'll try and give you some warning next time" there's absolutely no conviction to that apology, especially with the toothy grin he couldn't stop when he said it.

Knowing he isn't the least bit sorry, I cock my head to the side staring up at him under my brows with a disbelieving look "I may have bought that apology if it wasn't for that shit eating grin on your face"

He pulls his bottom lip under his teeth, eyeing me playfully "I can't help it, you should have seen your face, it was amazing"

It was amazing was it?  Let's see how funny you find it when I get you back smart ass.

"I'll make you pay for that you know, I'd sleep with one eye open"  I taunt, lifting my brows to further my point.

He steps forward, leaning his head down to my eye level "Is that a threat love?" cocking his brow back as a challenge.