Chapter Thirty-Nine - Time has come

Blair

Pain. Pain shot through the lower region of my body, making me shoot up from my pillow, clutching my stomach. It wasn't too long after I realized the bed sheets were wet. This was it. This was time to give birth to our baby girl. "Ahh... Carl." I shook his body as he laid on his side, facing away from me, sleeping. 

Another shot of pain. I shook him harder as I didn't remove my hand from the belly, keeping it secure. "Blair?" His voice was deep and raspy but he quickly flicked the lamp on beside him and looked over to me. "Blair what's wrong?" "T-The baby... She's coming..." I breathed in and out carefully as Carl laid a hand on my belly making sure everything was okay. 

"Shit... I need to get Maggie. Take deep breaths." He said and quickly jumped off of the bed, running down the halls to get Maggie. Just breathe, Blair. Everything will be okay if you just breathe. More and more pain every single time. "CARL!" I screamed louder and I heard multiple footsteps coming down the hall to our room. 

It was Jesus, Maggie, Carl and Tara. They all rushed to my side and I immediately grabbed Carl's hand, squeezing as hard as I could. "We need to take her to Dr Harson. Now." Jesus said and he wrapped my arm around his neck. Maggie nodded and came on the other side wrapping my arm around her neck as well. 

Carl and Tara went on each side and picked up one of my legs each, lifting me up and down the stairs to where the Dr was. "Ahhh!" I screamed again as sweat poured down my forehead and cheeks. "Just a little further. You can do this Blair!" Maggie said to me as panic rushed over her as well. 

Carl-still holding me up-banged on the doctors door rapidly, making sure he answered whether he liked it or not. Finally the door swung open and Harson immediately seen me, keeping the door open as we rushed inside. As soon as we got in, I was placed on the bed with the doctor at the bottom of me. 

As everyone stood around my top bit, Carl grabbed my hand, wiping my hair out of my face for me. "You're going to do this like no other mother has. We love you so much. you're strong, babe. I love you." I smiled a weak smile at Carl's words and stared down at Harson. 

"You ready?"

//////////////////////////////

Beautiful blue, crystal eyes stared up at me as her small wrinkly fingers were wrapped round my thumb. She was smallest I'd ever seen but she was perfect. I couldn't ask for anything better in my life. I was surrounded by family and It was amazing. "She's so small." Tara spoke up and I smiled at her as Maggie stroked her soft little head. 

"I don't know if we told you guys but her name is Grace Grimes-" "-Grace Lori Grimes." I smiled up at Carl and he bent down to lay a soft kiss on top of my head. "You done good Blair." Jesus said as he had his arms crosses over his chest. I smiled at him and looked back down at Grace. "We're gonna leave you guys for a bit." Maggie spoke up and kissed the top of my head.

Everyone said their goodbyes and Carl sat beside me on the bed, rubbing Grace's head gently. "Everyone will be proud of you, Blair. Especially my dad." Carl said and looked up at him with a smile. "You're dad is proud of you Carl. Everything you do for Alexandria, Hilltop, Judy. You do a lot." "I love you Blair. I promise to do anything for Grace and you." He spoke and I didn't remove my stare from him. 

"I love you too." I smiled and he bent down to lay a soft sweet kiss on my lips. "Here. Get some rest... I'll take her for a while." Carl said and opened his arms for Grace. I carefully moved her into his arms making sure her head was secure. "Thank you." I said and Carl smiled at me again. "Get some rest, sweetheart."

///////////////////////////

Carl

"He should be here. You're Granddad needs to be here. He needs to see how beautiful you. how much you look like him, it's unbelievable. You're eyes are exactly like his." I sat in the office and suddenly the door swung open and I seen Daryl. I stood up from the chair with Grace in my arms. Why were they back? Why are they here? 

"Daryl? What-What are you guys doing back?" "Maggie contacted us on the walkie. Is Blair okay?" He immediately asked and I nodded, looking back down at Grace's face. Daryl slowly walked over to us and stared down at Grace. "This is Grace. Your nie-" "-My niece." He said and I nodded as he kept staring at her. 

I heard shuffling footsteps at the door again and I see My dad, Michonne  and basically everyone. I seen my dad exhausted, tired and emotionally drained. He was so tired. He was crying from whatever it was. Maybe because he missed the birth of his granddaughter.

He walked over with Michonne beside him and took a good look at my daughter

He walked over with Michonne beside him and took a good look at my daughter. Nobody said anything for a good few minutes because they were all staring at the new member of the family. "She... She's so, perfect." "She has your eyes, dad. Here." I said and carefully passed her over to my dad. 

He smiled widely as he took her into his own arms. She was so light, so gentle and sweet. My dad lifted her gently and just kept her secure in his arms. I guess my dad didn't want anything more in the world. "You're gonna be a good father. I can't tell you how proud I am of you now. Everyone is."