Chapter Thirty - Accuse

Song of the chapter - Hurts so good by Astrid S

Blair

I pushed the shovel into the ground and pulled the dirt from underneath me. As the sun shone on my back, I felt sweat drip down the side of my face. I dug and I dug. I was thinking about everything Gregory had said. That my life wasn't worth living, my life was useless, pointless and everything else on top of that. From now on it was like I wasn't inside of my own body. It was like I didn't recognize myself anymore and it hurt me. 

"Blair?" I heard from behind me and I stopped digging for a minute to turn and see who it was. It was Enid. I looked her up and down trying to gather why she was here. Enid hasn't liked me for a while now so I don't understand why she's here. "Enid..." I sighed and she didn't take her eyes off of me. She just stood there with her hands together. She looked harmless so I don't have a reason to be horrible back to her. 

"What do you want?" I asked her as I leaned against the shovel. I seen her immediately sigh and stare at the ground. "I...I-I wanted to say sorry... Y'know, for everything." She said and looked back up at me. I knew me and Enid couldn't exactly stay fighting with each other because we all need to know who the real enemy is. It's Negan. 

"Y-Yeah, it's fine. I apologize too, I guess." I said back to her and she flashed a small smile at me. "We all appreciate what you done with the people of the Hilltop. We would of still been in a bit of trouble if you didn't do what you did." I explained to Enid and put my hand upon my forehead, blocking out the bright sun. 

"It was nothing. We woulda got them to join and fight with us sooner or later, I mean, you're Negan's daug-" "I'm not. I'm not his daughter and he isn't my dad." I cut Enid off. I wanted everyone to know, I wasn't the daughter of a killer. He's murdered more people than I can think of. 

"I'm sorry." "No, It's fine. It's my fault." I said to her, making me sigh in frustration and stress. "Does Carl know you're out here?" She asked me and I looked up at her in confusion. Why does Carl have to know I'm out here? Is there a specific reason maybe? "No, he doesn't. Why?" "In this heat Blair, you can become very dehydrated and quite possibly faint. Why don't you go inside for a while, the sun will go down soon anyway, maybe you should stop digging." Enid said and I stared at her for a minute. 

Why does Enid care about me, if I stay out in the sun for a while? Confusion filled my head and then Enid spoke up again. "I heard you and Gregory. I heard him tell you the worst kinds of things, I heard." She said and I scoffed. "You heard everything?" "Yeah, I'm sorry. I-I told Maggie, Carl, Rick and Daryl too." She said and I looked up at her. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked her and dropped the shovel on the ground. 

"BLAIR!" I heard coming from behind Enid. I looked and seen Rick. He was standing with one hand in his pocket and the other, pointing at me. "Come on, we have to talk." He said and I sighed roughly. I gave Enid one last glare before I walked away with Rick. I couldn't believe Enid had told the group what Gregory said, but in the moment of that time, I stood up for myself too.

"What's the problem Rick?" I asked him as we started walking up the hill to the big house. I heard Rick sigh beside me and I didn't exactly know what the problem is. I know Enid told them what Gregory said, probably just to drop me in it. "Gregory wants to talk, again." Rick said and didn't even look at me. Maybe it was something I'd done, I don't know.

We walked into Gregory's room and I seen Carl, Rosita, Michonne, Daryl, Jesus, Maggie and 
Gregory. "What's going on?" I asked them all and immediately stood beside Carl. He grabbed my hand in his as soon as I stood beside him. "We all wanted to confront Gregory about what he said to you." Carl said and I looked at him. I was confused because this wasn't such a big deal so why did they want to confront him about anything. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked them all and looked around everyone until someone told me exactly what was going on. "Why are you digging those holes Blair?" Gregory spoke up and everyone's eyes shifted towards him. "You have something you wanna tell us?" He taunted me again and I scoffed underneath my breath. "I dug the holes to keep my mind off of things. You should know that especially Gregory." I said to him, referring to his stupid remark earlier about my life being pointless.

Silence filled the room again and Gregory sighed, standing out of his chair. "You see, I think you dug those holes because you know the saviors are gonna attack soon... very soon. You know people are gonna die and you know we won't all survive... Tell me why you are digging those holes, Blair?" I gritted my teeth at Gregory as he became more and more into my face, taunting me every single second.

"I have people to protect here Blair so help me understand and know that you know, something's going to happen soon." "You have no one to protect but yourself. The people here can probably survive without you being their leader or whatever you wanna call yourself." I snapped back at Gregory and he stared down at me. He knew I wasn't gonna back down because I know I'm being accused of something that isn't true at all. 

"Blair has been with us for a while and we know we can trust her, hell, she saved all of our asses at some point with Negan." Daryl spoke up and I looked over to him as he defended me. Gregory glared at Daryl as he know's he's in the wrong. "Yeah, I mean, Blair has been my girlfriend after a week we just met." "That love will fade just you wait. Your both stupid teenagers." He spat back at Carl and turned around, walking back to his stupid desk. 

"Something you want to say?" Carl asked and stepped forward but I grabbed his forearm as quickly as I could. "All of you stop. They only came here to get more people to fight with them but now it's turned into a war between Gregory and Blair. Both of you, stay away from each other and you guys'll be fine." Jesus said and I sighed, trying to let all of my anger go from Gregory. 

"I think it's time." Jesus spoke up again and we all looked over to him. "For what?" Rosita asked and all I saw was Jesus smirk at us all. "For you to meet the king... King Ezekiel..."