Chapter thirty-two - Taken

Song of the chapter - I wanna be yours by Sofia karlberg

Blair

"I think we just need to talk to hi-" "-We ain't talking shit to him. Not after everything that's happened." Daryl spoke up, cutting Jesus off from carrying on. It was the whole lot of us in Gregory's office discussing how to make me stay or not. I don't see another way out not after yesterday anyway.

"You know Negan will keep coming back here until we give over Blair." Michonne spoke up and Rick raised a hand to his forehead, rubbing the sweat off of it slightly. "What will he do if she goes back there? Back to the sanctuary?" Tara asked Rick and he looked over to me for a minute, probably not knowing what to say.

"What he done at the ambush maybe." "We have no other choice, Rick. I know you all can't sit here with fingers up your asses doing nothing but... go back to Alexandria and make sure it's safe there. And be ready to fight." I said and scanned my eyes around the room. "Blair, your walking right into more pain-" "-There's not much else we can do here Maggie." I said to her and everyone ended up nodding in the end.

Our whole group decided what would be easier and it would be easier and safer to follow Negans rules. Don't go against them. If you do then we'll all get heat of the moment, which is Lucille.

"I'll catch up with you later okay?" I said to Carl as he held my hand. He looked at me for a minute and stared down at our hands. "Just remember to say bye." He said to me and I stared at him in awe. I couldn't believe Carl would think I wouldn't say bye to him before I'd leave.

"Of course." I whispered to him and I pulled him in for a hug, letting my arms wrap round his neck, as his hugged my waist. "I won't forget." I said into his ear and he pulled away from me, flashing a small smile as he walked off. I scanned the room and the group were starting to leave to go to their natural jobs. Everyone was gone except from Rick. Maybe this was a good time to talk to him.

"Y-you know you don't have to do this Blair." Rick spoke as I sat on top of the desk. I stared at my feet as Rick paced around the room. "I don't... but I don't think there's any other way out of this." "I heard you last night. Well I seen you last night, with the whiskey. I know it must be hard us going against Negan and your family is us-" "-Rick it's not hard. I know where I belong and it isn't with them, I know this." I cut him off and he nodded at me.

"Ever since I seen you at the ambush... I've always felt this massive weight on my shoulders because I should've done something. It's my fault what your feeling right now." Rick said and brought his hand to his eyes, rubbing the tiredness off of them. "Rick don't blame yourself for this please. This is my fault anyway, he's my father and I lied to you guys, I deserve everything I get, including the remarks people make." I answered him honestly.

At the corner of my eye I seen Rick look up at me as I leaned on my hand, staring at the ground. Suddenly, he moved over to me, kneeling on the ground. I stared at him in confusion as I watched his every move. "Why do you care what they think?" He asked me and I shook my head as he stared up at me with his blue eyes.

"It's not just them. It's everyone else... Enid, Gregory, Dwight." I whispered to him and felt myself becoming so honest with the grandfather of my child. Rick is more like a dad to me more than Negan ever was. "It doesn't matter what I think now, it won't be enough." I said and jumped off of the desk as Rick stood up staring at me.

"You know Carl loves you so much. He spoke to me yesterday after Graces brother got shot. He asked me for advice on you and your child. I told him, we can't all let our guard down and don't let it down especially for Blair and your child. He didn't know what to do yesterday. He knows that your leaving today and he just... He just broke down in my arms yesterday. I've never seen him like that since his mom died. You and him are still kids, it's hard to remember that considering you both have a kid on the way. I will not let anything happen to you and him Blair. I promise you that." He spoke to me and I stared at him as all of those words poured out of his mouth.

"I know you won't Ric-" Suddenly I heard the bangs on the gates from the bat and we both shifted our eyes to the window, staring at the gates opening for the saviours. It's time. I looked at Rick as he glanced towards Negan and the anger on his face wasn't something you  see everyday.

"We'll get you out there soon. I promise, I won't let you suffer a week in that place." He said and I immediately hugged into his blue shirt. I couldn't explain into words how thankful I am for what Ricks done for me and my child or even his own son. "Thank you." I whispered into his chest as he wrapped his arms around the back of my neck. "Really. You've given me everything and even after you found out my secret... you didn't care. You cared about me and that's all I needed after the ambush. Someone to believe me and not him."

I pulled away from him and stared up at him slightly. "Take care of Maggie... Please." I asked him and he nodded. "I will." He said and I sighed to myself before both of us walked out of the office and To the gates.

I seen the group all standing there circling around Negan and the saviours. "Hello sweetheart." Negan smirked at me and I put my head down as I walked towards them all. "Let me say goodbye to Carl." I asked him and I seen his smirk disappear into a straight line with his lips. Negan eyed around everyone and laid his eyes upon Carl. "Hurry." He snapped and I turned around seeing Carl standing beside Daryl and Michonne.

"Please don't say goodbye again." He said to me and I shook my head staring at him as he eyed down Negan. "I can't do anything Carl, I'm sorry." I spoke to him as I grabbed his hand. "How am I supposed to be here knowing he's there with you and our child-" "-I'll be okay. I promise." I cut him off and laid a hand on his cheek, making him look at me and not Negan for once.

"I love you." I told him and he done nothing but pull me in for a long loving kiss that he and I, desperately needed at this moment of time. I didn't care who was watching right now, I needed to say goodbye to Carl. I pulled away and hugged him tightly. "I love you too." I whispered into his shoulder as I felt tears brimming at the corners of my eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut and let a few tears fall onto his shoulder as he squeezed my torso.

"Well... That shit just breaks my heart." I heard Negan and I sniffed while pulling away from Carl. He seen the tears fall out of my eyes but I rubbed them away. He stared at me with pity and love but I neither of us knew what else to do. "Come on Carl, I thought you'd give us a live sex show." Negan chuckled to himself, earning a few glares from others.

I walked away from Carl and I seen Rick walk quickly up to Negan. "If anything happens to her-" "-Come on Rick... she's my daughter, not yours. If anything was to happen to her I'd know about or I'd do it myself. You, get in the truck." Negan pointed at me and I slowly walked over to the vehicle.

I opened the truck door and took a last stare at Carl as he just stood there, not knowing what to do with himself. I pulled myself into the truck and sat beside the drivers seat as Negan jumped in as well. Without Negan saying anything, he started driving out of the hilltop and we were on our way back to the sanctuary.

I felt myself stare out of the truck window and then felt a hand on my thigh. I didn't turn or move. It was Negan because who else would it be. "We're gonna have fun... you don't need Carl there to have such fun..."