"So, you want me to stop giving drugs to other people but still give them to you?"

Benji faltered, his face draining of all colour. "That's different." He said quietly. "I'm in pain."

Elias sighed, tucking a stray golden curl behind Benji's ear. "I'm sorry." He said simply. "I'm sorry I can't give you the pills, I'm just doing what I think is right. And I'm sorry I'm dealing drugs but I can't stop doing that either."

"At least tell me the boys you use are giving consent?"

"Of course." He nodded. "And I know that's hard to believe considering how...y'know...with you." He stammered awkwardly. "But you were the only person to ever fight back. No one's reacted like that before - they're all willing because they know they get the biggest cut of the batch."

"If they said no, would you still make them do it?"

"No." Elias replied plainly.

Benji nodded. He would keep working on his cause, he would keep trying to convince Elias to stop. But as long as the boys gave consent and Elias didn't do drugs himself, Benji could live with that - for now. "I should keep cleaning."

"Stay for a little longer." Elias pleaded.

"What's up, fuckers?" A new voice fabricated by the door and the two boys pulled away quickly, careful not to appear too intimate.

Quinn was stood at the door, gaping in awe as his eyes scanned the library. Kit was stood behind him, wearing a weary expression and looking reluctant to be there. It couldn't be more clear that Quinn had dragged his boyfriend up here. "What're you doing here?" Diesel asked, standing to his full height.

"We were bored and I heard some crazy kid decided to reopen the library." Quinn scoffed, his eyes landing on Benji. "You want some help? Or would you lovebirds rather be left alone?"

"Starr!" Diesel scolded, his face hot with anger.

Quinn glanced over his shoulder at Kit and realisation dawned on his face, "Oh, don't worry about Kit. I already told him."

"You what?" Diesel's fists clenched at his sides in irritation.

"Oh, c'mon, Diesel. You're my friend and I tell you everything. But Kit's my boyfriend and I tell him everything too. Relax, it's chill. He's not gonna say anything."

"Better not." Diesel spat. "You really wanna help? Get some brooms from the storage cupboard at the bottom of the stairs and start sweeping."

The two left together, Kit burying his hands in his pockets to continue sulking. "Please, Kit?" Quinn sighed. "You said you'd make an effort."

"He hates me." Kit replied glumly as Quinn pushed the storage cupboard door open, the light flickering on.

"He's my best friend - I don't wanna have to always choose who to hang out with. I want you guys to at least be able to share the same room without ripping each other's throats out! Can you do that?" Quinn begged, grabbing two brooms and shoving one into Kit's hand. "For me, baby?"

Kit didn't want to look directly at Quinn, so kept his eyes trained on his shoes. He knew the second he looked into those wide doe eyes, he would follow any command he got given. Quinn was his only weakness - he could never say no to him, however hard he tried. Unfortunately, his plan was foiled when his boyfriend gently placed two fingers below his chin and tilted his head up, forcing him to look at him. And just like always, he melted into the palm of his hand.

"Okay, fine! I'll socialise with him, but you owe me." He finally caved. Quinn grinned and pecked him on the lips before turning around to head back to the library. "On one condition." Kit grabbed the back of his jumper and forced him to spin around again. "You have to talk to Benji. If I'm gonna get on with your roommate, you have to get on with mine."

Quinn rose his brows in surprise before smiling, "No problem at all." He said smugly. "Ready?"

The couple eventually returned to the library to find Diesel and Benji working on opposite sides of the room, separated by several bookcases. It was as if they were trying to prove a point that they weren't in a serious relationship - not yet. Quinn nudged Kit and he glared at him stubbornly before reluctantly striding towards Diesel while Quinn wandered over to Benji.

"How're the ribs?" Quinn questioned and began sweeping nearby.

Benji blushed, "Yeah, uh...good. Thanks."

"Still need those drugs?" He teased.

"No, I'll be okay." He dismissed. "How's it going with Kit?"

Quinn shrugged. "You know what it's like. He's a pain in the arse - in more ways than one - but I still love the guy."

Benji laughed and continued the conversation with Quinn fairly smoothly. However, on the other side of the library, Diesel and Kit were struggling. "So...uh, what's up?" Kit spoke first.

"I know he told you to talk to me." Diesel sighed. "And Quinn's my best mate, so I'll cooperate. I'd do anything for that kid, you know that right?"

"I get it. You'd beat the shit out of me if I fucked him over." He shrugged, and though he would never admit it out loud, he was glad Quinn had a friend who cared about him so much, "Well, that's not gonna happen. Because I'd do anything for him, too."

"Good. Maybe we have something in common after all." Diesel said flatly.

"You know the same applies for Benji though." Kit added. "You better not hurt him."

Diesel rolled his eyes. "Of course not."

Kit nodded in understanding and the pair swept in silence for a few moments. "You realise this is stupid though, right?"

"I know. But Benji won't listen to anyone. He's adamant on reopening this place. He thinks everyone should have access to books."

"'Course he does." Kit laughed. "You gonna help him with it?"

"I can't exactly let him do something so stupid on his own."

"I can help too, y'know? If you need to. And Quinn as well."

Diesel glanced up at him and a smile flickered across his features. "Thanks."

Maybe they would never be best friends, but at least they were trying. They were trying for the boys they cared about. All they wanted was to make them happy, and if that involved befriending someone they had sworn to hate, then so be it.