Chapter 18

Chapter 18

**

"Turn around." I demanded.

Daniel gave me an unimpressed look, but continues driving. "What? No!"

"Daniel, I said turn around." My jaw clenched as I glared at him for not listening to me.

"And I said no." He replied, not even sparing me a glance. "Anyway, you were the one who wanted to go to my place, right?"

"Yes." I said, my arms flapping around, missing Daniel's face by an inch. He glared at me and looked ahead. "But I thought no one will be at your place."

"Skylar," he started. "Where will my family go?" He said in a flat tone.

"I don't know. To some hilly region or beach?" He just gave me a flat look. "I can't go at your place looking like this?"

"What, like a runaway crazy mental girl from a mental institution?" He asked, sarcastically. I glared at him and started hitting his arm. "What the hell?" He said, irritated. "Stop hitting me, Skylar."

"Yeah, well. Watch your mouth before you utter nonsense from it." I answered. I crossed my arms and turned away from him, ignoring him.

There was pause for a long time. Daniel took a turn and reached a place that was surrounded by big houses and mansions. The houses were impressive with long gates to enter and some had big lawns and pools. One of the houses had two pillars, painted in white, supporting the house. A fountain in the front where the water flows out of the statue. We drove a little further towards the house that was situated towards the left of the road.

The outside of the house was in brown color shade, making it seem like it was made out of wood. It was basically a mansion. They had two pillars supporting at either side of the house. There wasn't any fountain at the front, but there were two paths. One path lead to the main door and the other path lead to the backyard which disappeared at the side of the house. The left side of the house had glass as a wall and you could see a gym room there. The light of the room was switched on and there was someone working out.

"There is somebody at your house." I said, pointing towards the mysterious figure.

Daniel turned his head to look at the creepy guy through the glass wall who was staring at the two of us, grinning like a mad man. I heard Daniel groan next to me. Turning my head, I gave him a confuse look. He just shook his head and began walking towards the door, muttering under his breath.

"Are you crazy?" I asked.

"What?"

"You're talking to yourself." I said, looking up at him.

He sighed. "Yes. I'm crazy."

My eyes widen as big as a saucer. I opened my mouth to question him, but he places his hand on my mouth, successful quieting me. I licked his hand. He quickly pulled away and wiped his hand and glared at me. He opened his mouth to retort, but the door to the house was pulled open. A guy who looked like an older version of Daniel stood there, grinning at the both of us.

"I was waiting for you to open and come inside, but when you didn't, the curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't wait to open anymore." The guy said excitedly. He was too excited for a person to be awake at 2:30 in the morning.

"Drew, what the hell are you doing here?" Daniel asked from beside me.

"I came home to meet my little sister and little brother." He said, winking at me. At that point I could tell that we are going to be best of friends. "Aren't you going to introduce me to the beautiful friend of yours?"