Prologue

Tonight was not an ordinary night Kyoshi and I stood beneath the glare of a new moon's illuminative glow undergoing final preparations before I set forth on my journey.

"You have one job, eliminate any other threats that may compromise it." Elder Kyoshi said whiles anointing me with ancient herbs. It was tradition that before and after each mission this ritual was performed.

The night was perfectly still, it was almost as if it was waiting for trouble to break it's calm.

"Listen, Salayah you are the daughter of Mukchambo the rightful leader of the Aslan clan, through you and only you can his honor be restored." Kyoshi said whiles firmly gripping my face within her time-aged hands.

"Yes, Elder Kyoshi." I said while kneeling in reverence as she planted a firm kiss on my forehead.

"It is here by with all the power and knowledge invested in me that I bless you and this journey." Kyoshi said whiles adorning me with a gold locket that had an emblem imprinted on it in silver.

"This will grant you safe passage. Once you've crossed the border into her territory the locket will disperse." She added before wrapping me in a black cloak.

"You are a powerful force to reckon with and pray for your success." She commented while looking intently within my eyes.

Her eyes held the glow of an ember patiently waiting to ignite something or someone to be exact and I think I just may be that someone.

"Stay true to who you are, and the rest will fall in line." was her faint whisper as I disappeared through a covering of trees.

I was born and bred for this, my entire twenty-five years of existence relies solely on the completion of this journey regardless of the sacrifices that must be made.

I, Naomi Salayah Buccanti will succeed and restore balance to the supernatural realm and honor to my family's name.