Chapter thirteen

Erik's point of view.

My eighteenth Birthday came and went. Gustave made me a nice cake and the four of us celebrated. Of course Christine had to invite Raoul. He'd been spending an awful lot of time at the house and I was quite frankly sick of him!

He came over one day to help Christine study for a maths test. I'd offered to help her but if course she wanted him. Not that he knew much about math, Christine probably knew more than he did.
I retreated into the music room and worked on my composing.
"Hey Piano man can you keep it down? We're trying to work" Raoul said interrupting me.
"Oh.. my apologies" I said closing the lid of the piano. I stood up to leave and Raoul came a bit closer.
"What's up with the mask?
"I do not wish to discuss it" I said pushing past him and going out the door.
About an hour later Gustave came home and Raoul was about to leave when he decided he'd have another go at asking. He seemed to have a dislike for me, which was fine because i definitely wasn't the his biggest fan.
He grabbed my arm when nobody was watching.
"Talk to me. What's up with the mask."
"I told you I don't wish to discuss it. Especially with you." I said calmly and shook my arm from his grip. "Now I do not want you to bring it up again and it would be wise to listen to me"
"Is that a threat?" He asked me.
"It might be." I replied.
He scoffed "and what are you going to do about this?" He said quickly reaching up and grabbing the mask.
He gasped and I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pushed him against the wall.
"Don't you ever do anything like that again." I said letting him go. I took my mask back and put it back on.
Gustave had came home before it all kicked off, though we didn't know it. But he saw us.
"Raoul I think it's best you leave." He said.
Raoul glared at me.
"Why does Raoul have to go Papa?" Asked Christine, who had luckily been in the bathroom while Raoul and I had our clash.
"His mother called me. They have a visitor." Gustave lied.
"Oh. Okay. Bye Raoul" she smiled and gave him a hug.
"Bye." He told her.
He walked past me as he muttered 'freak' and out the door.
I walked past Gustave and Christine and headed upstairs. I grabbed the backpack that Gustave had given me for if I ever took got a job and needed a bag, and started throwing my things into it.
"Erik, I think you and I need to talk"
Gustave said.