Chapter twelve

Erik's point of view

Christine and I had been getting on rather well. I had played the piano for her and she had sang for me. The only word I could use to describe her voice was beautiful. And Perfect. The first time I heard her sing by brain basically switched of to everything but her.
Occasionally we would sing together for her father. She had told me about her week at Megs. They had gone to Megs mothers beach house and spent a week doing swimming, shopping and all sorts of things teenage girls do. One day the conversation I did not want to have with her came up. Gustave, her and I were sitting at the table playing a game of Monopoly.
"Erik?" She asked.
I looked over at her "yes?"
"Why do you wear your mask?"
I thought for a moment.
"Christine don't ask him that." Gustave scolded her.
"It's alright Gustave.." I told him. "I wear the mask Christine to hide what lies underneath. It's the same reason people wear clothes really.."
She nodded for a moment and I could tell she was about to speak, but she was interrupted by the door bell ringing.
"Christine go and see who that is please" Gustave told her.
"Yes Papa" she nodded and went to the door. The door opened and Christine stood there for a second.
"Raoul! What are you doing here? I thought you were away until school started!" She cried.
"My family came back early." He smiled "and I got you some flowers"
"Oh Raoul Thank you. They're beautiful!" She said and gave him a hug. "Come inside"
I watched as she led a boy with blonde hair inside.
"Papa Raoul is back!"
"That I see" Gustave chuckled "introduce him to Erik Christine."
She brought him over to me and smiled.
"Raoul this is Erik, Erik this is my boyfriend Raoul"
Boyfriend. Christine had a boyfriend. A handsome blonde boyfriend.
"Oh um it's nice to meet you.." I said quietly.
"Papa can he stay for dinner please?"
"Well I'm sure we have enough food" Gustave nodded "alright. Let's pack this up and then we will eat."
I quietly packed up the board game for him and put it away. I sat alone in the music room for a while and thought to myself. I had felt something different for Christine than I had for anyone else. Though I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. Christine was funny and kind. She was special.
"Erik, dinners ready" Gustave called.
I went to out to the kitchen.
"I'm not hungry.. I'll be in my room."
I climbed the stairs and went into my room. I sat down in the bed as realisation washed over me. I was in love with Christine Daae.