Chapter Twenty Seven

Erik's POV

Christines Birthday was so special for the both of us. I was glad I was able to make her day special, but the night we spent together was special to the both of us. It was hard to believe it was almost six months ago now but I could relive it in my head like it was yesterday.

I was nervous this morning. I had an interview at the theatre in town, they needed someone to play the piano in the orchestra when shows were running. I'd dreamed of doing something like this ever since I was a little boy so I didn't want to mess it up by being nervous.
"Erik darling, come here. Your ties crooked" Christine smiled and I headed over, standing in front of her.
"You're not nervous are you?" She asked as she fixed my tie.
"No..."
"You'll be wonderful" she smiled "I know how brilliant you are at the piano"
I smiled, feeling slightly more relaxed.
"Thank you love, I just really want this and don't want to play any mistakes"
"Shh, you'll be fine" she said and kissed my cheek. "Call me as soon as you're finished?"
"I will"
"Good luck Erik, you'll do wonderful" she smiled and I kissed her gently.
"Thank you darling, I'll see you soon"

I was still nervous as got to the rehearsal room for my audition. I kept thinking about Christine and how she relaxed me in order to keep a clear head.
"Mr Destler?" An older man asked as I walked in.
"Yes sir" I nodded and shook his hand as he stuck it out.
"I'm Mr Murphy, the manager. Please take a seat"
I did as he asked and sat down.
"Do you have a music diploma?"
"No sir" I shook my head.
"So you've just been taught from lessons?"
"No sir.. I sort of taught myself"
Mr Murphy nodded and looked at his papers.
"Alright, why don't you play something for me?"
I nodded and moved to sit at the piano before taking a deep breath.