Chapter eleven

Erik's point of view

I had been living with Gustave for exactly a week when his daughter came home. I was sitting with Gustave, who was doing a crossword in the news paper, when the doorbell rang.
"Erik, would you please get the door?" He asked me.
"Okay." I nodded and went to the door.
I opened the door and saw a girl around the age of 15 standing there with a suitcase. Behind Her we're two other people, but I didn't take no notice to them. The girl with the suitcase was beautiful. Her brown curls cascaded down her shoulders. I had to mentally tell myself to stop thinking so I could let them into the house.
"Um.. come in.." I managed to get out.
The three of them looked at me curiously and stepped into the house. There was another girl who had blonde hair and an older woman wearing all black.
"Papa!" The brown haired girl cried rushing over to Gustave. I put two and two together and realised that this girl was Christine.
"Hello darling" he smiled "did you enjoy your week with Meg and her mother?"
They must have been the other two.
"Oh yes Papa. It was a very great trip." She smiled.
Her smiled was lovely. Just like everything about her was.
"Thank you for taking her Antoinette." He smiled.
"You're welcome Gustave. I see you have a visitor." She said referring to me.
"Yes. This is Erik. He's staying with us."
I smiled a little bit and gave an awkward wave.
"Oh he's shy." The blonde girl, Meg giggled a little
"Meg!" Christine scolded her. She then looked at me "it's nice to meet you Erik, my name is Christine" she smiled. At me.
"It's nice to meet you too" I smiled back at her.
"Right come on Meg, we are going home before you say something to embarrass the poor boy" Megs mother said and led Meg out of the house.
"Would you like me to carry your suitcase upstairs?" I asked Christine.
"Oh thank you Erik. That would be kind"
I nodded softly and picked up her suitcase and took it upstairs. I put it down in the hallway.
"I'll um I'll be in my room.." I said quietly and headed into my room. I wasn't sure what exactly was going on in my brain it was an absolute mush! But I knew that Christine Daaé was the Cause of it.