Order of the Olympians Chapter 27

Start from the beginning

Harry was taking cover behind the statues in the fountain while the madwoman was flinging herself across the wall of fireplaces trying to get a good shot at him. Percy brought up a powerful shield when a jet of green light shot their way. His jaw tightened in fury. "Trying to use an Unforgivable Curse on us?" He shouted before shooting forward a Blasting Spell, growling when she narrowly avoided it.

"Wittle Potty has friends, does he? Good! I'll make him watch as I kill you all!" She laughed hysterically and fired one deadly curse after another. The three demigods split up, all responding to her attacks with their own. Percy inched his way towards Harry, determined not to let the boy get more than a foot from him again. "Stupefy!" Harry shouted and didn't wait to see if the spell hit its mark before ducking low again.

Percy ignored the fight for a second and gripped Harry tight by the front of his robes, his anger evident enough for the young wizard to stop struggling. "Don't you dare try and pull something like that again, got it? I will always have your back!" He shook his friend one more time for good measure before setting him down.

"I-I'm sorry. I just had to stop her, she-"

"Killed Sirius. I heard you. Next time just ask for backup! Now let's antagonize the witch, shall we?" Their bright green eyes locked and Harry matched Percy's smirk with his own. "Still have that prophecy?"

Harry pulled it out of his robes and clutched it tight, "Right here."

"Do you know why Voldemort wants it so bad?" Percy asked, dodging another one of Bellatrix's curses.

The pair checked on the duel that was still being fought and watched as Will and Nico were back at each other's sides, using all of the weapons at their disposal. Instead of his wand, Will was shooting exploding arrows to draw the witch out from her hiding spots while The Son of Hades directed a herd of assembling skeletons to attack. The look on Bellatrix's face as she screamed in horror was to die for.

Harry ducked back down and studied the glass orb that had caused him so much pain. Because of this prophecy, he lost both of his parents, and now his godfather too. "No. Nor do I care."

Percy gave his friend a sly grin and stood up, "Then let's put on a little show for our friend." He helped Harry up and they joined Will and Nico once they had Bellatrix cornered. Her crazed black eyes lit up when she caught sight of the prophecy in Harry's hand.

"GIVE IT TO ME, POTTER!" She shrieked. "THE DARK LORD WILL HAVE WHAT HE DESIRES!"

Harry raised a challenging eyebrow and turned towards the demigods. "What do you think, guys? Should I give her what she wants?"

Will caught onto the game and pretended to think about it for a moment, the cocked arrow never moving a centimeter from her heart. "I don't know, Harry. She's kind of a lunatic. But it seems like she's calmed down a bit."

Even Nico seemed to want to play. "Maybe, but with that dreadful fashion sense she can't be expected to stay sane for long. Even looking at her for this long is making my brain go fuzzy."

Percy laughed harshly, ignoring the venomous sneer from Bellatrix. "Good point, Nico." He turned towards Harry. "I think that makes the vote unanimous then. Smash the damn thing to pieces."

The woman's shrieks of protest echoed off the walls as Harry's eyes locked onto her face, relishing in every second of her reaction. The sphere hit the ground with force and the shards of glass sprayed around their feet. A misty white figure sprung from the debris, silently whispering murmurs of the destroyed prophecy.

Percy only had a second to enjoy their small victory before Harry was clutching onto his forehead and screaming in pain.

"No!" Bellatrix bellowed on her knees. "MASTER, I TRIED, I TRIED-DO NOT PUNISH ME-!" (OotP)