02.

i took two steps back taking in who was there, right there infront of me. i took a moment and shook my head before speaking...

"blake?"

he was stood there right in front of me. 2 years, 4 months and 18 days i hadn't seen him and all of a sudden he's spawned in the middle of my apartment lobby like satan.

he was soaked from his head to his toes. half of his dark brown wet hair stuck to his face, half of it pushed back from where he had done so whilst standing to face me. his brown eyes were still dark and deep but around his eyes were red and poofy.

he was wearing that yellow poofy winter jacket i like, his black stussy hoodie underneath it and the hood over the top of the jacket because it didn't have a hood.

"dani" he said softly with his voice breaking slighly while he was trying his best to pull off a smile,

i was speechless. i didn't know what to say, it was all just a bit of a shock. all of a sudden all these memories came flooding back.

it's you blake! it always has and always will be you, why can't you just see that!

i frowned at the thought of all these horrible things i didn't want to remember.

because i don't give two shits about your dad and i surely don't give two shits about you!

i began to beat myself up in the head for reminding myself of all this. i felt my fists clench and my breathing started to get heavier. i snapped out of my thoughts when a freezing cold hand slowly made its way over mine.

"breathe" he said as i shut my eyes. i inhaled deeply in and then out. his cold hand remained on my hand but the other gently on my face sending shivers down my spine with his thumb rubbing across my cheek to wipe away the single tear rolling down my face.

once i quickly took a reality check i shook my head and stepped back, way back.

"blake what are you—" i cut myself off, "blake, i cant believe it" i chuckled to myself, "blake richardson is here in my apartment lobby" i started panting forwards and backwards across the lobby "right there, he's stood right there" i pointed at where he was standing.

"dani" he said as i was doing so,

"like this must be some kind of dream of course? why would he turn up? he would have bothered with me 2 years ago if he wanted to talk to me?" i continued rambling on,

"dani" he got louder,

"this is obviously not real. lets just pray to the fucking gods like i did after blake told me he didn't care about me yeah? i'm going to close my eyes and count to three and he's going to be gone" i closed my eyes and shut my head.

"1" i took a deep breath, "2" i prayed and prayed he had gone, "3" i opened my eyes and he was gone.

poof, vanish, gone.

i sighed of relief calming myself down for a second, "i knew i needed sleep but not this much" i talked to myself,

"danielle i'm still here" he tapped on my shoulder from the back causing me to jump to the moon and back,

"blake!" i yelled, "what do you want? why are you here? you came to get your favourite hoodie? shame, burnt it. came to find grace? check your ass she might be there. came to find some respect? probably because you've got none left" i snapped,

"okay so" he began to speak, "i'm going to pretend you did not say that and tell you why i'm really here" he stepped forward slightly with me stepping back, "i need a place to stay and i know we're not on the best of term—" i cut him off,

"of course we're not on the best of terms blake! we haven't been for the last few years if you haven't realised" i began to clench my fists again, "and you thinking turning up to my doorstep— well lobby or whatever at 1am on a fucking saturday is the way to do it?" i snapped, "whatever" i pulled £10 out of my pocket,

"here's £10 for a taxi to george's, his spare key is under the mat and if thats not there the spare spare key is on the window frame it should just pop off and pop back on" i shoved £10 into his hand before turning towards the lift, "i'll give him a text that you're coming and yeah see you at the wedding" i shrugged as i faced him standing in the lobby while i stood in the lift.

my eyebrow slowly raised as the lift doors shut and i sighed deeply.

what the fuck just happened?

two updates on a new book in one day!!!! it's a short and shit chapter but got oh well. i can never tell if my chapters are good so give me feedback x