01.

"hey dan?" my boss called for me, i lifted my head up in response smiling, "my sons locked out the house and i told him i'd come get him. there's only 15 minutes until we close are you okay shutting the place?" she asked me.

"yeah sure" i smiled not minding doing so, "am i just leaving the key behind the toad yeah?" i questioned before she left, she nodded in response. after saying goodbye i decided to start slowly shutting down the shop as we had no customers and probably no customers coming anyway as it was just turning 11 o'clock.

after tidying the shop away i threw my coat on taking my phone and headphones out the pocket. while doing so i heard a ring meaning that the shop front door had just been opened,

"sorry we're closed" i said untangling my headphones with my back still facing the door,

"i was just wondering if i could get my picture taken?" i heard a familiar voice speak. without hesitation i turned around and jumped onto that voice.

"george!" i squealed wrapping my arms around his neck and legs around his waist, "i've missed you, i've missed you, i've missed you!!" i mumbled into his neck,

"woah woah woah" he chuckled putting me down. i looked into his eyes and pinched his cheek to make sure he was really there, "i've missed you too danny boy"

i slightly nudged him.

"you're here!" i couldn't stop smiling, "i thought you weren't coming back until tomorrow and i was going to pick you up from the airport?" i questioned

"yeah i decided to surprise you. that's why i got you take the day off so i could have a day with you" he smiled, "thats what best friends do right? i'll bring you pizza as i always do and we'll have a netflix marathon... anything you want" i couldn't stop myself from hugging him again,

"you're the best. i love you" i said while holding our hug.

"well c'mon then it's late, i'll drop you off home" he said,

"with what?" i asked,

"not only did i come home today" he said reaching into his pocket and flinging his key around his finger, "i took my test and passed" he was so proud of himself, "so now? do you wanna go for a ride"

i gently bit my lip and nodding causing him to smile. he slightly nodded his head in the direction of the door signalling 'lets go'

after shutting the shutters of the shop and leaving the key where i said i would we hopped into georges car.

where i lived wasn't too far from where i worked it was a 15/20 minute walk from and to my apartment, it would have been a 10 minute drive but george wanted a little drive as we needed a catchup.

george had been travelling for the last six weeks. he had travelled to a few places in europe with his girlfriend, libby. he actually has his heart set on that girl, i'm not surprised she's amazing.

"dani, danielle, dans..." george sighed as we pulled up to a red light.

"george, georgie, g..." i also sighed mocking his actions. he looked me dead in the eye, he had seem nervous causing me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "g whats wrong?"

"i proposed to libby" he blurted out he was smiling. his face lit up like a christmas tree.

"oh my god! oh my god! congrats!" i got all excited giving him a tight hug, "where? when? how? give me all the details"

"in paris, on top of the eiffel tower... chessy i know but she wanted that to happen there" seeing him happy made my heart melt, it's what he deserves, "and i want you to be my best man, well one of them and you're a woman?" he scratched his head laughing.