Sunshine

"I'm WHAT?!"

I remember the moment when my parents broke the news to me. I remember the feelings of shock and disgust mixed together as one, running through my veins.

Had it been anyone else, I would've slapped both of them and shoved them out of my way.

The nerve of them!

"You're getting married Robyn, we've met her. She's a fine young girl, we know she will be good for you" they insisted. I shook my head in disbelief and stormed out of my father's study.

My parents announced the union a week after, before I even met my bride to be. I hated her already

I hated my parents. I hated her parents.  I hated her for being so weak. I hated anyone who had anything to do with this nonsense.

What could I have done to deserve such cruelty? I had questioned the heavens Time and time again.

I met this girl I was to marry at a formal dinner held by my parents at their mansion, that happens to be a castle.

She was shorter and timid. She looked out of place and uncomfortable. Her gaze was always on the floor and her voice was shaking whenever she answered a question, which was also the only time she spoke.

She was pathetic and weak. Just how Fenty men like them. (Scoff)

I had spent most of the dinner observing, silently watching as the people moved around and enjoyed themselves.

Her parents looked well off but not wealthy. They kissed up to my parents and looked a little more comfortable than their daughter.

My parents basked in the worship. They lived for the attention and admiration they received from the less... fortunate.

That's why they attended charity events and donated to local charities and children's home.

They couldn't care less about the good, they just wanted the praise.

We were married in 6 months. To my not surprise it was a public affair with 900 guests. I tried to look happy for the cameras that my mother had invited.

My new wife received compliments from the guests. They loved her shyness and how reserved she was.

We had only met two times prior. I could never bother myself to start a conversation. I could never bother myself to pay attention to her.

I spent my honeymoon working. I was appointed CEO of WC Oil Corporation as a consolation from my father.

My wife and I spent two weeks in Rome. The only information I had gathered about her was that her name was Beyoncé Knowles, she's the only child to her parents. And her father sold her because he was now dead broke and couldn't support them.

Because my father wanted me to have an heir, he was putting unnecessary pressure on us. Meaning I had to sleep with her at least once a week.

I kept myself busy with the company and my occasional string of affairs, nothing serious.

I didn't bother to know my wife. I made sure to not spend time with her. I wanted to punish her for forcing me into something i didn't want.

"Can i help you?"  My tone was nothing short of cold as I stared at her standing in front of my desk.

Her posture was straighter and she could look at me while she spoke. She was bolder and surer. But I could still sense the timid nature in her.