9 - Emergency

Abby's POV...

"Emz." I said as I ran to my best friend and hugged her.

"OMG! You're crying!" She reacted as she hugged me back. "What happened? Did you and Gorio fight? Did he hurt you? Gosh, that guy...if he hurt you I will smack him hard and-"

"No, he didn't." I interrupted and let go of her. I sat down. "He didn't do anything bad to me. In fact, it was the opposite. He's so good to me."

"Then why are crying?" she asked and sat beside me. "You were out for the whole day. You just said you'll go and meet Gorio at the terminal and you didn't say anything after. What happened?"

I just stayed silent for a moment and cried.

"Did he do anything to upset you?" Emilia asked again.

"No, Emz." I answered and her face creased. Maybe trying her best to understand me. "He...he...he let me meet his parents. We...went to the cemetery where they're at and he introduced me to them."

"Oh, Abby. That's so sweet." Emz said and hugged me tight.

"I know. And I felt so guilty." I said as I hugged her back. "I don't think I deserve any of it."

"Why would you think that?" Emilia asked.

I calmed myself for a while. Then I wiped my tears and smiled bitterly.

"Is it still because of Anthony?" She asked.

Then I leaned my head on her shoulder. "Yes. Remember, I only asked Gorio to go out with me because I wanted to get closed to Anthony. I wanted Anthony to get jealous and realize that he likes me too when he sees me going out with Gorio."

"And so I already told you not to do it, right?" Emz asked back.

"Right. But I still did. I just used Gorio to get what I wanted. I used Gorio to get Anthony's attention." I answered. "But now. I feel so guilty for using him. When all he does is to be nice to me."

"Abby." Emilia cooed.

"I should have listened, Emz. I'm sorry." I said as I took a deep breath.

"Right. And is it why you don't want Gorio to attend Harvard because until now you still didn't get Anthony's attention? Because you still wanna use Gorio until you get Anthony?" Emilia asked.

I stayed silent for the longest time in my life. I knew it in my heart that the answer is No. I have enjoyed all the time that I spent with Gorio. In fact, not a single time that I thought of Anthony when I was with Gorio.

"Yes." I answered and Emilia's eyes widens. "That's why I don't want Gorio to attend Harvard because I still didn't get Anthony's attention. Because I still wanna use Gorio in order to get Anthony. Because I still want Anthony. And I still like Anthony."

"Hey!" Emilia hissed and lightly slapped my arms and I chuckled as fresh new tears filled my eyes.

And we both chuckled for a while. Then we remained silent.

"That's what I wanna say. But it's all a lie." I said. "You know me very well. And you'll know that would be a lie."

"I know." Emz commented.

"Never did I think of Anthony whenever I'm with Gorio. I know I've used him at first but the more time I spent with him, the more that I felt something for him. I think I like him Emz." I said and smiled. "No, I already love him."