4 - Welcome to New York

Abby's POV...

"M-may I have this dance?" A familiar voice said behind me. It's Gorio.

"Of course you may." Emilia answered immediately as she grabbed my hand and placed it on top of his.

"Emz!" I snapped but she just giggled and pushed me more towards Gorio.

"Go. Don't worry. I'll be fine." She said teasingly, wiggling her eyebrows.

I gulped and looked at Gorio who looked at me nervously.

"Fine. Let's go." I said and pulled him as we went to the dance hall.

He nervously placed his hands on my waist and I placed mine on his shoulders.

"Nervous?"

"Who won't be?" He said looking down with burning cheeks and ears. Then he looked at me in the eye. "I'm dancing with the most beautiful girl in this room..."

"Oh." I muttered and blushed as well. I smiled and he did too.

Then we just danced in the music. We both started to feel so comfortable with each other after a while and I spontaneously leaned my head on his chest. He froze when I did it but relaxed eventually. And then I felt that he tightened his hold on my waist. And he placed his chin on the top of my head.

"Sorry." He whispered.

"For what?" I asked, closing my eyes.

"For what happened last time."

I stayed still. I know exactly what he's referring to.

Why is he suddenly bringing that up now?

I don't know but after what happened 2 years ago, we just became distant to each other.

"Why are you saying sorry? Is it because you regret it?" I asked.

"No! Of course not. I would never...ever regret that. It's just that...uhm...I...I just thought...that it was inappropriate at that time." he answered.

"It's okay. Besides that was 2 years ago. It's different now." I answered and he stiffened for a while.

Then we were just silent. I don't know. But his warmth and scent comforts me in a way. We stayed like that until the song ended. Then he slowly let go of my waist and I also pulled away. We walked silently back to my chair.

"Thanks for the dance, princess." Gorio said and he tried to smile. His cheeks were burning and so was mine. "I'll be heading home first to do an errand. Felix will be waiting for you and Emz in the parking lot to drive you home."

"Okay."

"See you."

"Yeah."

And then he walked away. Then I heard deafening scream beside me.

"Emz!" I said and she stopped, bursting into laughter.

"Sorry." She chuckled. "You both just looked so perfect for each other. I'm definitely shipping for you and Gorio."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't keep your hopes high. I like Anthony."

"Err..." She said and rolled her eyes as well. "Tell that to yourself. Geez. Stop denying the attraction, Abby."

"Whatever."

After sometime, we were happily chatting about our plans after graduation when Emilia told me to look at the door. My eyes went wide as I saw who entered. I was so shocked. And jealous. And angry. And frustrated. The reason? Simple. Emilia was right. Anthony just came in to the Senior's Ball with a hot girl from college. Well, an alumni are welcome to attend our Ball even if they don't study there anymore. I actually took all my courage to ask Anthony to be my partner two weeks before the Ball. And he declined saying, he has a lot of things to do in their campus and would not be able to go. The now he came with a hot chick clinging unto him like a leech.