5 - Hate

Abby's POV...

"Princess." Gorio said as he slowly approached me and sat beside me.

Yes, it's my 16th birthday today. After the party, I decided to ride Spirit and sneak out. I went to the creek. I felt tired entertaining my guests so I came here to relax. You know, watching the gushing water calms my nerves. I thought I'd be alone here but he came.

"Thank you." I said with a bright smile.

"Why did you go here? Everyone's looking for you back there." Gorio commented after a while. "You'll definitely get a good scolding from your mom later."

"Yeah. Yeah. I know." I uttered and rolled my eyes.

Gorio and I became really close after the day I let him ride Spirit. Back when I was 14 and he's 19. I just felt so comfortable around him and I enjoy spending time with him. I bothered him each day and he just started to open up to me. Sometimes, Emilia even complains as to why I am spending more time with Gorio than her. He's like my male best friend. I don't know but I super like him a lot. And so I was actually hoping for more. He's already 21. But I didn't really care about the age gap. What I know is that I like him. I know I'm too young for a relationship but I can't help it.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked back and he chuckled.

"You and I both know that this is your sanctuary." he answered and we both chuckled.

"You know me well."

"I know." he said.

We sat silently there and watched the water in the creek as it continuously flows. That's what I like about Gorio, he never pries or anything like that. He just stays by my side. But then whenever he's there, my heart pounds rapidly against my chest.

"Let's go." I said and he stood up helping me as I do so.

"Careful." He said as he helps me ride Spirit.

We stayed silent as we journey back to the stable. I was sitting on Spirit and I was just humming while he walked as he lead Spirit. Then we stopped.

"We're here." I commented and smiled as he helped me to go down the horse.

"W-wait." he said nervously. Then suddenly I felt a cold thing touch my neck and look at it. It was a necklace with a crown pendant.

"oh..." I muttered.

"Happy Birthday, princess." He whispered near my ear and I literally turned red. Then he fixed my hair and locked it.

"Thanks." I replied, my cheeks burning.

He smiled. And we silently walked brought Spirit to his space and removed the saddle from him. He made sure everything is secured in the stable before we went out. I kept touching the pendant as we walked. I felt so happy.

"I hope you had a blast." he spoke first.

"Of course..." I answered and turned to him. "And...thanks for this...I like it a lot."

"Oh. That's not much. I mean I've seen you wear other necklaces which are way nicer than that." he blurted out, avoiding my gaze. "That's just what I can afford so I hope you will also treasure it as much as your other necklaces."

"Gorio." I interrupted but he kept blabbering words.

"It's true. I mean, I didn't really expect you to like it because -"