3 - I Do

Abby's POV...

"You're working here?" I asked Gorio with wide eyes.

"Y-yeah. I-I was hired...by uhm...your grandfather to take care of your horses." he answered nervously.

"Obviously." I pointed out and chuckled. "You're in the stable now brushing Spirit's hair. I was just trying to start a conversation."

"y-yeah?" he muttered.

"Hey. Don't be nervous around me. I don't bite." I replied confidently and winked at him.

"O-okay." he stuttered. I smiled.

"You're doing it again." I said and smiled brightly. I shook my head and looked at him. "Do you know how to ride?"

"Yeah." he answered softly.

"Good. Let's go!" I told him excitedly. "You can ride Spirit and I'll go with Tala."

"Really?"

"Why not?" I asked back and immediately went to Tala as fixed the saddle on her.

"Alright." he said and smiled brightly. He also fixed Spirit's saddle and went to inspect the saddle I placed on Tala.

"I think I know how to put a saddle..." I commented.

"I just wanna make sure everything's okay." he said rechecking if everything is in place.

I smiled inwardly knowing that he kinda cares for me. "Whatever."

He just chuckled as we walked out of the stable with the horses.

"Race to the creek?" I dared with a smirk.

"Y-you sure about that?' He asked nervously. "Not that I'm not confident of course. I...uhm...just don't want you to get hurt. The creek's quite far."

"Sweet. Don't worry. I can manage." I responded and winked. "So, game on?"

"You have 10 seconds as a head start, princess." he said. I immediately ride on Tala and started as I see him getting on Spirit.

***

I shook my head as I smiled nervously in front of the mirror. I breathed in deeply and sighed. I can't believe I am getting married today. I've always thought that my wedding will be only for my prince charming but I was wrong. Fairy tales don't exist in real life. Happy ever after is just a myth.

"Hey, gorgeous!" A voice from behind me say and we both squealed as she runs to me and hugged me tightly. "I missed you!"

"Me, too." I replied as I hugged her back and she pulls away.

"Don't you dare cry again and ruin your make up." She warned and I chuckled. "Gosh, you look sooo beautiful Abby."

"I do?" I asked teasingly.

"Absolutely. Your future husband's jaw will drop when he sees you."

"Uh-huh."

"I'm serious." she said firmly.

"Whatever." I said as I nervously fidget on my hands.

"You're nervous."

"I am. Who will not be?" I commented. "I don't even know my groom's name."

"Are you sure you really wanna do this?" she asked. "If you're doing this just to move on from your feelings for that stupid guy named G-"

"Emz." I interrupted. "I am."