-thirteen-

-flashback several years ago- 

It was late at night when Jacob heard banging outside his window. He sat up, rubbed his eyes and checked the time, four in the morning. He sighed and laid back down, trying to get some sleep as he had to get up in two hours.

The banging continued but it was then quickly followed by a scream, but not just any scream. It was his mothers. Jacob quickly got up and looked through the window, he was right.

His mom was being put into a van.... and his sister. 

"You're going to wish you've never done this Taylor... he won't ever forgive you." She said before the door was shut and the van drove off. 

"No, no, no," Jacob said as he jumped out of his bed and ran downstairs. 

Eventually he made it to the front of  the house but by the time he was there the the van was too far for him to get to. He looked at his father and pure rage shook through his body.

Jacob stood in front of his father and in a flash he punched him straight across the face. "You sold Mom and Bethy, you-you put them in an auction where I might never see them again, why?"

"Jakes-."

He growled his green eyes turning into his icy gray wolf as he kicked his father in the stomach. "Don't you dare call me that. Why did you sell them!"

Taylor was quick to get up and punch his son in the face. Jacob stumbled back but didn't fall to the ground. "They were going to destroy us!" He bellowed.

"They were your family... our family," Jacob says before stepping towards his father and punching him in the face. "I will never forgive you for this."

-End of Flashback-

x

"Jacob...Jacob!" Raven yelled. 

The male alpha jumped before looking over at his friend. "Sorry I was-."

"Thinking about your father," Raven says in a soft voice. "I have the same look when I think of mine."

"Every time I think of the auctions I just think of that night and the fact that I couldn't stop it. I should've chased after that van, Raven." He said looking over at the shorter girl. 

Raven sighed. "Jacob..." She said. "You can't possibly be blame yourself for that, it was your father. You said it once before it was his greed that did this to you, to them. You said your dad will pay for this."

Jacob sighed before looking towards the building where several dressed up men and surprisingly women were walking into and then looked down at his suit. "Alright lets do this."

He stepped out of the car and walked around to Raven's side of the door. He opened it and Raven stepped out tucking some of her long hair behind her ear. They walked side by side until Raven noticed that most of the people going were couples.

"What are you doing," Jacob whisper yelled as Raven linked their arms together. 

"Trust me I much rather prefer to have a women on my arm," Raven said. "But we dressed the part we might as well act the part." 

Jacob rolled his eyes before the two of them walked into the room. They were surprised to see that the room wasn't drab and dirty as they thought it was going to be. It was nice, it almost reminded them of a ballroom. 

"Wine?" A female waiter said coming up to the duo with a silver plate full of wine. 

The female alpha was about to grab a glass when Jacob stopped her. "We're good than-."