18

ethan's pov:
she came downstairs at the same time as grayson, laughing at something he'd said. i watched as she walked into the lounge wearing his hoodie, her facial expression changed when she noticed me staring at her. i looked back down at my phone quickly. i listened to their conversation.
"you want to get sushi tonight, just us two like a little date or something?" grayson asked her.
"sure." she had some joy in her voice.
i got up, leaving the room. fury built inside of me. my own fucking brother, why would he?
he knows we just ended it.

i opened the front door and sat down on the porch thinking about how easy it could've been not fucking everything up. i glided my hand through my hair and took a deep breath, calming myself down before going inside. they weren't downstairs anymore.
i went up into my room and grabbed the remainder of her things. i knocked on grayson's door.
"who is it?" he yelled.
"ethan." i answered calmly.
he opened the door, she was right there sat on the stool in front of his keyboard.

"hey um, you left a few things in my room." i put the items down on the ground.
the only thing she did was nod and i got a face full of door. i unlocked my phone and decided to message emily, i wasn't about to chase after brooklyn's stupidity.

brooklyn's p.o.v;

"you good?" grayson asked.
"yeah." i answered, adjusting the volume of the keyboard.
"what you gonna play?" grayson asked as he sat on his bed, staring at me.
"sunset lover." i put my hands onto the keys.
i began playing the full song focusing on every bit of it. i turned to grayson when i finished, his eyes were glossy.
"gray?" i looked at him.
"yeah?" he answered smiling.
"nothing." i just sat there smiling like an idiot for a few seconds.
he reached his arms out and pulled me onto the bed going on top of me and tickling me jokingly as i began laughing.
"grayso-" i laughed trying to push him off but failing.

we heard loud knocks at the door, "eh ethan can get it." grayson shrugged but they continued. gray rolled his eyes and got up, "you're coming with me." he took my hand and flung his bedroom door open, ran downstairs with me behind him. he unlocked the door to reveal emily. my heart was racing so quickly. why was she here? grayson slammed the door back into her face. we heard quick footsteps coming down the stairs. it was ethan. "move." he pushed us both out of the way, opening the door. he greeted her and immediately kissed her for a few seconds. once they broke apart "what?" he aggressively stared at me.
it was the ethan i knew. "douchebag." grayson flipped his brother off.
"i'll suck your dick for free if you left that bitch." emily smirked.
ethan laughed cruelly in response to emily's comment to grayson.

"you're b-both assholes." i held it in nervously.
for a split second i could see hurt and sorrow in ethan's eyes and him looking down with regret.
"and you're a whore." ethan said emotionlessly, snapping from that moment.
"you're treating her like shit, calling her names bringing emily in after you broke up when you know what she said to brooklyn and you know what she did to you." grayson looked his brother up and down.
"emily get out." ethan quietly instructed.
"bu-" she tried to speak but was quickly cut off.
"OUT!" he yelled, she quickly scrambled towards the door and got out slamming the door behind her. grayson pulled me into his chest.

"what did emily say?" ethan clenched his jawline looking at the two of us.
"a few months ago you were a big asshole and you left your best friend brooklyn for a hoe. you know what she said when you and brooklyn were meant to be having that movie night all alone and she asked brooklyn to go talk to her?" grayson angrily asked.
"what?" ethan gulped.
"emily told her to stay out of the way and away from you because she didn't want any distractions. she got so upset from those few words." grayson shook his head in anger.