Just A Spark {23}

I rolled over and cracked my eyes open. I reached around blindly for my glasses and let out a groan.

                “Mitch!” I said, elbowing him.

                “What?” he snapped. Oops, I forgot Mitch wasn’t a morning person.

                “Where are my glasses?” I asked.

                “I don’t know. Find them yourself,” he grumbled, pulling the covers over his head.

                I yanked the covers back down. “Why do people always say that? How am I supposed to find my glasses if I can’t see without them? Quit being a shitty best friend and find my glasses for me!” I commanded.

                He sat up and shoved me so that I was laying back on his bed again. He leaned over me, slapping around for my glasses.

                “Seriously? And I’m the blind one!” I said hopelessly.

                “Shut up. I just woke up,” he growled.

                His bedroom door opened and someone came in. “I should probably be concerned that my boyfriend is on top of Rio,” Jace said.

                “We were being scandalous,” I said.

                “Do you see his glasses?” Mitch asked.

                “They’re on the floor,” Jace said, walking over and picking them up. He handed them to me and I put them on, turning Jace and Mitch from awkward blobs to sexy boys.

                “Much better,” I said with a grin.

                Mitch got out of bed and I copied him. I pulled on some clothes and stretched, rubbing at my eyes.

                “I’ve got a boyfriend to cheer up, so I’ll see you all later,” I said.

                “See you later Rio,” Mitch said.

                “And next time I text you, you better reply!” I said, even though I knew that would never happen.

                “Yea, sure,” Mitch said, confirming my thoughts.

                I sighed. “Whatever. Shitty best friend.”

                I left his house and went back to mine. I got to work, spending about two hours running around town setting up for Ezra’s surprise.

                When I was done and ready for everything, I went to the wall and climbed up onto it. I texted Ezra and grinned, waiting for him.

                                                                                ***Ezra’s POV***

                My phone buzzed and I picked it up. I smiled a little, since it was a text from Rio.

                From: Rio

                Come to the park. Go to the swing we were on last time.

                I stood up and left my bedroom. My dad had texted me once, saying happy birthday, but hadn’t bothered to call. I guess I should count myself lucky that I even got a text from him.