nine

quick A/N for those who read chapter 8 when it was first published, some changes have been made so please go back and reread. Thank you babes, lots of love

Diggy..

It became harder for me to breathe as I tried to explain my child with Jacob to Trevor. Confusion painted his face but there was also hurt. I guess hurt from me not telling him until now about Junior, my child, was such a hard topic to talk about.

"W-what? You have a kid? Why didn't you tell me Daniel?" I could hear the betrayal in his voice and it It broke my heart. I was so scared to tell him the rest. I tried to say something, stuttering over my words until he unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the car door.

" Sit down! Trevor...please. This is hard for me to talk about, so fucking hard so please just give me a minute" I begged, grabbing his arm and dragging him back into his seat. He just had a lost expression on his face.. only if he knew.

"Four years ago, when I was barely twenty one, Jacob and I were in a relationship. We kept it very under the wraps. No one could have known. We were both closeted and young and it would have taken a big toll on Jacobs career had anyone known about us."

I sighed at the memories of Jacob and I together. It was a good relationship at first, but we had so many faults and issues of our own we just couldn't be together without the environment become toxic for the both of us.

"A year into our relationship Jacob got abusive-

"He hit you?!" Trevor looked furious now, more than hurt. I didn't know how to feel at that, at least I knew that what I told him so far hadn't changed his feelings about me yet.

"Don't get me wrong, Trev. Jacob was so good to me until his career started to fail and he took out all his anger and frustrations on me. It began after our one year mark into our relationship."

"I still loved him though, I convinced myself he was just having a hard time and that he would get better when things all blew over. It did at one point... when I found out that I was pregnant with Junior." tears welled up in my eyes and I let out a shallow breath. I always struggled when I said his name out loud.

"After that we were happy again. He took a short break from his career and stayed home with me through the pregnancy, until three years and ten months ago, when I had Junior". A tear escaped and I quickly tried to wipe it away before Trevor could see it. I couldn't even bring myself to look at him to check.

"A-after we had Junior things were cool for a bit. We had our rough patches but a majority of our time together went well until Junior was about ten months old. The abusive behavior came back, the arguing, the accusations, until one night Jacob snapped." at this point I couldn't even hold in my tears. I felt them warm my face as the fell but I had to keep going. I had to tell Trevor.

I forced myself to look at him. He looked worried and the way he watched me was as if he was afraid to say something. I didn't blame him, the topic was very sensitive and I wasn't even sure if I could keep a strong face if I heard the hurt in his voice.

"O-one night, Jacob was drinking. He was drinking a lot. I was in my bedroom sleeping with Junior, he was roughly around two years old..." the tears fell harder as I recalled the events of that night. I started shaking, my throat closed up on me and I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was having a panic attack.

Trevor immediately moved closed to my side, leaning over the center console and pulling me into him, kissing my head. "Shh baby, It's alright you don't have to tell me right now. I can see this is hard for y-"