one

Diggy...
I sat back in my studio chair after I finished editing one of my tracks on my surprise album. I've been so stressed about dropping this music. I've been gone for six years. Six years since I've put out any songs. Who's even checking for me anymore? Will anyone even play my shit? Or did my break from the industry kick my career into the gutter? Fuck.

It's so stressful trying to put your whole heart into something and still having to worry about how the next person thinks or feels about it, cause if they don't fuck with it then guess what? That's your ideas, your creativity, your blood sweat and tears being shit on. It's a major blow to your ego and spirit, I can't even lie.

The past six years have been hard for me. My mind ain't been right and I just couldn't bring myself to put half assed effort into my craft. I was spiraling down a depressing path at the height of my career and I was afraid, so I went MIA.

Six years later and I question my choice. I've missed out on so many opportunities to be so much more successful with my music. It ain't like I'm not in a good place now but I could have been an A list celebrity like my fellow artists who started when I did.

But then again I was young, barely 16 when I started and 19 years old with a record deal and shows all around the world when I left. I was too young and inexperienced to handle it.

All I can wish for now is for the same support I had back then. I don't want people to love me because of an obsession with a pretty face, I want them to love me for my person and what I've worked hard to create and perfect.

Sighing, I kicked back from my workspace and stood up. I'd spent seven hours in the studio recording and editing with my small group of producers and influencers, the few people who knew about the album. Checking my phone I saw that it was three am. Everybody had left around two hours ago, I guess I just lost track of time.

*************************************************

On my way out the studio I got a call from Quincy, one of my connects in the music and entertainment industry.

"What's the deal Q? Why are you up so late nigga?"

" What's poppin D, I'm just getting back from the club with Cory. He was supposed to dick me down but- never mind that's not what I called you for. I'm hosting this function at the Boom Boom room this weekend and I want you to come. I have a couple of mainstream and underground artists coming and performing and I have a couple of collaborations in mind for this new project you got."

I tried to ignore what he had said about Cory Hardrict. That man is so fine, but I had to shake the thought of them fucking out of my head. Although the visual was hot as hell, I didn't have the time or patience for a boner right now.

" Ight, I'll be there. But I hope you not out here telling everybody my business Q, I wasn't playing when I said keep this shit on the low-"

"I know nigga, I've only mentioned you to one person and he was hella eager to be included in the project. He's got a large fan base and he's super influential, you'll be doing yourself a favor collaborating with him. And he's a dope ass artist. I'm just tryna throw you a bone fam."

"Like how Cory tryna throw you the bone?" I whispered slickly with a small smirk. I could practically hear him rolling his eyes.

"Who is this dude anyway? Have I met him?"

"Nah, he said y'all ain't met before. His name is Trevor." he said with a bit of a chuckle.

Oh, so he was tryna be funny.

"Ight goofy, Trevor who?" I bit out between clenched teeth.

"Trevor Jackson."
*************************************************
Hey y'all , I'm Cee It's nice to meet youu. My account is skiarchy and Breezy (gaysprinkles )  allowed me to hop onto this account and collab with her and I'm so thankful! I hope y'all like this chapter and enjoy this story overall, there's many more to come! Sorry for any mistakes!

Lots of love,

-Cee