three

Diggy...

Thirty minutes before I go on stage at the Boom Boom room and my heart was in my ass. Quincy managed to get me to be the opening act of the show, performing my new song "It is what it is" for the first time live. I know that opening acts are usually just the buildup for the real performers, but  it's still really big for me, and my nerves were sky rocketing.

"I need a blunt" I sighed at myself in the mirror, pulling on my beige jacket. "I got a couple." I jump when I see Trevor standing at the door behind me. I catch his eyes wander over my appearance before meeting mine in the mirror. I had to admit, the gaze gave me a boost of confidence. I give him a little smirk as I returned the action.

He was wearing a denim jacket with a white church top and a silver cross chain hanging around his neck. Two thick silver hoop cuffs in his ears shined when he moved. This man was fine, and he definitely knew it.

"Hey. What are you doing in here?" I asked, turning around to face him.  "I came to check on you. See how you were doing before your performance" He said with a smile.

Trevor walked towards me, pulling a blunt from his coat pocket and put it between his lips. He stopped when he was a few inches away from me, looking down at my smaller figure.

"You got a light?" Trevor asked with a raised brow. Why would he walk around with blunts and not a lighter? Of course I didn't ask that, I was supposed to be polite. The nigga was helping me get back on my feet in the industry.

" I- uh, yeah I do" I said while pulling out my black lighter from my back pocket. I reached up to hand it to him but Trevor completely ignored the gesture. He was now looking in the mirror past me, busying his hands in his hair and fixing his appearance. What? Now I'm confused... didn't he just-

Oh.

He wanted me to light it for him? Now I understood why he asked in the first place. But two can play at that game. I smirked a bit, leaning up and cupping the side of Trevor's mouth with one hand and lighting his joint with the other. He looked down at me with a raised eyebrow and smirk.

I didn't really need to cup his mouth, there was no draft and we both knew it. I purposely dragged my finger against his lip as I pulled my hands away from his face. His tongue slightly chased after it almost instinctively. He wore an unreadable expression as he looked down at me. But I wasn't fooled. I knew he caught on. "Thanks" Trevor said with dark eyes.

"No problem T" I replied while watching him take a couple drags. The strong smell of weed filled the dressing room fast. "So. You're going to be performing that song we talked about right? How are you feeling about that right now?" Trevor asked while handing me the blunt, the smoke rolling out of his lips and into his nose sexily. The man didn't even have to try. Panty dropper was just in his blood.

I put the blunt to my lips and inhaled softly, taking my time to think about how I was going to express my emotions to Trev without sounding like a bitch. I'm an artist, not some kid performing at a talent show.

"I'm not sure how to say this without sounding like a pussy... but I'm scared as fuck. This shit is so nerve wrecking yet exciting. I'm finally putting myself out there again and doing what I love. My only fear is what everyone else is going to say about it. Critique is not something I take lightly. I know not everyone is going to like my shit, and that's fine, but if I'm getting dragged and dog walked by anyone over something that I'm truly passionate about it's gonna fuck me up. I know as an artist and celebrity I should have tougher skin, since no matter where I go I will face hard judgement. I just can't bring myself to dust off my shoulders and act like nothing was said and feelings ain't hurt. That just ain't me, I'm a person with strong emotions and feelings".

I looked at him with cautious eyes, analyzing his reaction to my words. I didn't want him to think that I wasn't cut out for this because of my anxiety. Music is a serious passion of mine and I love it. I wouldn't be me without it. Trevor shook his head giving me a serious expression.

"You're genuine. I fuck with you for that. You don't do this shit for the money or the fame. It's because you love it. That's why you care so much about how other people feel D, because you're so fucking genuine with what you do".

What he said almost made me want to cry. Man I'm such a bitch. He got me horny and emotional at the same time. I just wanted to go sit between those long legs and suck his dick as a reward. Instead I just gave him a bright smile which he returned. "Thank you Trev. Honestly I expected you to tell me that I wasn't cut out for this shit. "

"Nah. You're good at what you do and you're true to it. Don't ever change that-" his phone vibrating in his pocket cut him off. "It's Quincy, one second" he said and answered the call, putting it on speaker.

"Yo Quincy"

"Trev where's Diggy? He's on in five minutes and nobody has seen his ass. I swear to God that nigga gives me grey hairs"

I laughed loudly at that, grabbing my water bottle from the stand next to me and gulping it down.

"Wait. Is he with you?Why is he late? Aw hell naw I KNOW y'all niggas ain't fucking five minutes before my show!" Quincy shouted into the phone. I choked on my water, gagging and coughing for air as Trevor tried to deny Quincy's statement before being cut off by another angry shout.

"DANIEL DWAYNE SIMMONS THE MOTHAFUKIN THIRD! GET YOUR FAT ASS OUT ONTO THIS STAGE RIGHT FUCKING NOW. And Trevor you and I are finna talk about this later. BYE!" He hung up before we could say anything else.

Trevor and I stared at each other wide eyed with dropped jaws before busting out laughing. Quincy was something else man. This nigga made my stomach hurt. "So" Trevor began after the laughter died down, "You've got a show in about" he looked at his watch before shrugging " two minutes. I suggest we hurry up and get the fuck out there before Quincy has Corey come in here and literally just a cap in our asses" he said standing up and opening the door for me and extending an arm out into the hall that lead to the stage. "After you."

***

its  ya bitch Cee again and It took me a little while to get this chapter done cause my sister's weird ass dragged me to the movies with her to go watch Halloween. it was cool or w.e. anyways i hope y'all fucked with this chapter it's kind of long and unedited but bear with me i always draw my shit out like that 😭 anyway lots of love , see you the next diggy chap. 💕