[57] VOGUE Interview

Start from the beginning

I:
You're very close to his family. Does the Royal Family accept him as a figure in your life?

HRH:
My family is supportive. He also makes it easy, given how he is and what he does to our society and the world. They definitely love him.

I:
When it comes to love, is Harry your first love?

HRH:
He is, yes. I have cherished and protected my 'I love you' for so long, it felt amazing to have it be said to someone I know is worthy of it.

I:
So to say you're in love with him just feels natural to you, right?

HRH:
Harry is someone very easy to love. He's very supportive of everything I do and I like to think I support him as well. He's an incredible icon for so many people of different ages and watching him grow like that has to be a wonderful privilege. Of course I'm so in love with him.

I:
That's beautiful. Everyone thinks your relationship is pure. Also, people have pointed out that you both aren't afraid to publicly express your love towards one another and in other words, PDA. How do you feel about that?

HRH:
It's not about PDA but Harry and I are very affectionate people. He's my first love so to have him beside me, holding his hand or calling him 'my love' or any other pet name in public just happens so naturally, I don't plan it and I don't consider it a slip up. There's nothing shameful about being in love; There are no rules for how you feel.

I:
Truly inspiring. You had once said in an interview in 2015 that your mother, Princess Diana, is the one person you will always wish to have beside you. Do you like to talk about her or is it too sensitive?

HRH:
I don't consider it a sensitive topic because my mother had always been a strong woman who deserves the constant appreciation and praise. She's not a taboo subject. Of course I wish she were here more than anything and it saddens me that I don't have her to run to when I receive good news or the slightest inconvenience happens but I believe that's natural. I love talking about my mother and I love it when people talk about her.

I:
What is something you wished you could tell her first thing after it happened?

HRH:
A lot, actually. There isn't specific news as I always wish I could tell her everything first thing but to answer, maybe when I finally founded the Healing For The Future foundation and how The Duch of Hearts benefit concert was a success. I definitely need her all the time but I know she deserves the peace.

I:
She truly does, your highness. A lot of people say you resemble Princess Diana, how does that make you feel?

HRH:
Honestly? Sometimes I feel like denying it. My mother was just...She was such an icon. A free spirited woman who went through a lot and had done a lot of the world. Of course it's an honour to resemble even the slightest bit of her. She's my idol.

I:
The Duch of Hearts was in deed a success. You have raised quite the lot of donations. What was the first thing that came to your mind when you went back home that night?

HRH:
It was 'What has just happened?' [Laughs] I had my friends and family with me and I was just gobsmacked, it was a long night full of a lot of adrenaline and wonderful people and acts. I wouldn't have done it without the incredible team that worked with me.

I:
Is it true you stayed around with fans in the concert?

HRH:
It is, yes. You'll never truly experience the concert rush unless you're with the fans. They have incredible energy and they're just there to have a good time. Nothing beats singing out of tune with people with the same vibe.