Chapter Three~Elsanna

Demons and Fomors haunted my dreamworld. I didn't know where I was, but all I felt was fear. I couldn't open my eyes, but I could hear voices. They were faint but I could make out what they were saying.

"What's wrong with her?"

"She's suffering from internal bleeding and a broken rib. As a Milletian, she should be fine within a week, but she needs rest."

"When will she wake?"

"In an hour or two. She's a fighter that's for sure. I've had to give her six sleeping potions to keep her under!"

"That's... quite a few."

"You can sit with her if you'd like. I've been up with her for hours. Sometimes she appears to have night terrors. Perhaps she was traumatized in some way? Anyways, I'm sure you keeping her company will do her some good."

"Thank you, Agnes. I'll let you know if anything changes."

That voice... where have I heard it before? It's so close yet so far away... I feel like I'm on cloud nine...

"Elsanna? Can you hear me?"

The demons and Fomors were surrounding me, beckoning me towards them. I wanted light, no, I needed light. Shadows swarmed around me and I attempted to slash them away, but they only came closer.

"Elsanna, it's time for you to wake now. Elsanna! I know you can hear me!"

I felt a warm feeling in my right side, then gentle pressure on my right hand. What's going on? Who is speaking to me?

"Elsanna, come back to me..."

I was enveloped in warmth and then I saw light. It was beautiful, yet blinding. The goddess, Morrighan, appeared. She stood before me with a serene grace.

"It is time for you to go home, Elsanna. Erinn needs you..." she whispered as she began to fade away.

I jolted awake. My side ached and I let out a soft groan. I turned my head to see a pair of sharp azure eyes staring at me. They then softened when I opened my mouth in a vain attempt to find my voice.

"...Aodhan? What-"

"Don't try to speak, you have a broken rib," he said, his voice gentle.

"But-"

"Don't speak... please?"

I looked down and noticed that his chair was pushed against the side of the bed and that my fingers were entwined with his. He saw me looking and started to pull his hand away, but I squeezed his fingers to let him know it was comforting.

"Elsanna, I don't want you to say anything, so just listen, alright?" He asked, his voice had a tone of authority, so I remained silent and nodded.

"While you were unconscious... you looked like you were having nightmares," he paused and I nodded, "I grabbed your hand hoping that it would bring you back to reality. You were suffering from internal bleeding and a broken rib. Agnes has fixed the bleeding, but the rib has to mend on its own... hence the reason why your chest is wrapped in bandages."

I looked down at my chest, only to find that I wasn't wearing the top of my sniper suit, but rather wrapped in tight bandages to keep the rib in place and to maintain coverage.

"Agnes says that you will need to rest for a week before you go back to your milletian life, which means... you will be staying with me until your rib mends."