-17- family issues // pt.1

the pic above is from the Bring Me The Horizon concert  jan.28th *my inner aspiring concert photographer is shook*
thanks for 2k reads holy crap.
btw i love southdown_steve  so much

irl
3rd person

———————

"Why?"
"What do you mean, 'why'?"
"Why are people such idiots?" Brendon turns to face Ryan.
Ryan sighs, "I don't know."
"Kellin doesn't deserve it." Brendon pauses, "No one does."
"I know." The doorbell rings.
"There he is." Brendon gets up from the couch and opens the door to find Kellin standing there. He hugs him before Kellin can say anything.
He mumbles a faint, "I'm sorry."
"Hey," Brendon pulls away. "You have no reason to be sorry."
"It's my fault."
"No it's not," Ryan gets up and hugs him. "It's definitely not your fault."
Kellin pulls away and gives him a small smile. "Can I come in?"
"Oh shit yeah," Ryan moves out of the way so he can come in. They all sit on the couch.
"Who else is coming?" Kellin asks.
"Your boyfriend, obviously. Jalex, Perrciado-" Kellin cuts Brendon off with a giggle.
"Why don't you just say their names?"
"Okay, fine," Brendon scoffs. "Jack, Alex, Jaime, and Tony."
"And Justin," Ryan adds.
"Alright." Kellin replies.
"Do you want something to drink? Eat?" Ryan asks after a few moments of silence.
"Maybe some water?" Kellin responds kind of weakly.
"Yeah, sure." He gets up and heads to the kitchen. Brendon takes this time to talk with Kellin alone.
"What exactly happened?" He asks after he makes sure Ryan can't hear them.
Kellin fidgets with his fingers, "I already told you guys."
"Please?"
He sighs, not meeting his friend's eyes. "I'll wait until everyone else gets here, so I don't have to repeat it."
"Okay, that's fine."
"Here's your water," Ryan walks back into the room and hands Kellin a glass of water.
"Thank you."
"What's up, fuckers." Jack walks into the living room with Alex trailing behind.
"Dude you sound like shit," Brendon tells his sick-sounding friend.
"Yeah? Well you look like shit."
Alex ignores them and goes over to Kellin to hug him.
"Hey buddy." Alex pulls away and lets Jack hug Kellin. After Jack pulls away, he falls face first onto the couch.
"Thank God I moved, Jesus Christ Jack," Ryan laughs.
Jack laughs as well, but it's muffled by the sofa cushion.
"I thought you guys weren't coming. When are you leaving for Baltimore?" Kellin asks.
Alex sighs and rubs his eyes, "Tomorrow at 5 in the fucking morning."
"Aww, Lexy. You'll like it as soon as we're there," Jack coos.
Kellin chuckles, "You guys didn't have to come."
Alex frowns a little, then places his hand over Kellin's and gives it a squeeze, "Kellin. We're your friends. We're always going to be here for you."
Kellin smiles, "Thank you."
The sound of his phone puts a silence over the guys. Kellin looks at the message with his eyebrows furrowed.
"Is that...?" Brendon starts to ask, but doesn't finish after he sees him with a smile on his face.
Kellin starts giggling, "Sorry guys. Vic just sent me a photo."
Jack lifts his head and tries to make a disgusted face, "Gross."
Kellin laughs harder and blushes, "Not that kind of photo, you idiot!"
Ryan snatches the phone from Kellin's hands and looks at what Vic sent him. "Oh my god."
Alex looks at the phone over Ryan's shoulder and starts laughing. Jack gets up from the couch, "I wanna see what the fuck you guys are laughing at."
Jack sees the photos and falls back onto the couch, laughing.
"What the fuck is so funny?" Brendon starts to get up from his place on the chair. Ryan hands him the phone, hands shaking from his own laughter.
--------
v!c:

--------v!c:

--------Brendon starts laughing, "What the fuck?""Woah, what's happening?" A voice comes from the front door

--------
Brendon starts laughing, "What the fuck?"
"Woah, what's happening?" A voice comes from the front door.
"Justin!" Kellin jumps up from the chair and runs to hug him.
"Jack, move your fat ass so people can sit, you doof." Alex pushes Jack to the other end of the sofa to make room.
Justin chuckles and sits where Jack was previously laying. "So, what were we all laughing at?"
"Brendon's big ass mouth."
"Mhm," Brendon smirks at Jack.
"Gross," Ryan moves away from his boyfriend.
"Alright, Tony and Jaime should be here any minute," Alex says after a few moments.
"Here, bitches," Jaime yells through the door that Justin came through minutes before.
"Tony!" Kellin yells and tackles Tony into a hug.
"Hi, Kellin."
"Ouch, no hug? Damn, Kellin," Jaime scoffs and turns to the other guys.
"Sorry, Jaime!"
"Does anyone want something to drink?" Brendon asks.
"Nah, I'm good," Justin dismissively waves him off.
"Tony? Jamie?"
"I think we're good," Jaime drapes his arm around his boyfriend's shoulders.
"Hola fuckers!"
"Why the fuck does anyone not know how to knock?!" Brendon yells while waving Vic in for a hug.
"This is our home away from home, Brendon. You should know that by now," Alex counters.
"Yeah," Jack adds, while stuffing chips into his mouth.
Brendon looks at him and playfully sighs. "Well, since everyone is here, should we start...?"
Kellin looks hesitantly to his boyfriend, but reluctantly says, "Okay."
"I-I'm not sure where to start," He says while Vic comfortingly rubs his back.
"How did it all start?" Brendon asks.
"Well, it started when I was 17. I thought I might be gay. I-I trusted my dad with everything. He was always so supportive of me. So, naturally, I told him. He..." Kellin paused and took a deep breath, "he didn't take it like I thought he would. He told me that I was a disgrace to our family, that I'd have to go to c-c-c-..."
"Hey, hey. It's okay. You don't have to continue," Vic whispers to Kellin's shaking figure.
"F-for some reason, he decided against c-c- therapy, but he would start beating me. He would slap or punch my arms if he thought I seemed 'gay'. After awhile, cops were called by the neighbors." He fidgeted with his fingers while waiting for someone to speak up.
"How long did it take until the police were called?" Tony asked.
"3 years," Kellin responded quietly.
"Jesus Christ," Jack put his head in his hands.
"He was arrested, put in jail for a few months. I lived with my supportive grandmother until he came back. He had therapy and everyone thought he was 'better'. When I was sent to live with him again, it got worse. He would hit me more often, kick me, and start giving me black eyes. He... he would invite girls over, make them... do things."
Vic froze when he said that, thinking back to what Katelynne did, and how he reacted. He kissed Kellin's temple and whispered comforting things to him. Meanwhile, Brendon is looking at the ground with disgust and hatred in his eyes.
"Brendon," Ryan says softly and places a hand on his boyfriend's tense shoulder.
Kellin sobs start to rack his body. Vic holds him in hopes he'll calm down some.
Alex opened his mouth to say something, but a knock on the door cut him off.