🖤💛

happy world mental health day (October 10). ignore if you want!

tw; depression, mention of self harm, suicide mentions

i've had struggles with depression & thoughts of ending my life. i've had struggles with a feeling to harm myself (i'm currently 4 months clean!), but i've mostly overcome that, because of friends & family. my uncle was the person in my family that i was closest with. he would take me to movies, out to eat, concerts, etc. i could trust him with anything, & even told him about my past self harm. he would text me everyday, making sure that i was okay, but never mentioned it when he saw me in person. in april, he almost killed himself, but he didn't. hearing that your uncle, sometimes acted like a big brother, father figure, almost committed suicide? it's extremely heartbreaking, & all i did was cry. he was alright though! he didn't actually do anything. the point i'm trying to get from this, is that he inspired me to not self harm anymore & be more happy. he made me a more positive person. if you're struggling with depression, suicidal thoughts, urges to harm yourself, there is always help available. you could talk to someone you trust the most; family or close friends. if you feel suicidal, call the suicide help line, they always want to help (1-800-273-8255).

if you're getting better, i'm very very happy & proud of you!

stay alive🖤💛