Chapter 15

I know this is really really short, but I felt bad for not posting in a while, so I at least wanted to give everyone SOMETHING. 

Please vote and comment! I love you all. Hopefully the next one shouldn't take as long! 

___________________________________________________________________________

Lana

I was stuffed into the backseat of Amelia’s car, though I didn’t know where on earth she thought she could hide me. Whoever had tied me up was in the passenger seat, keeping a gun trained on me.

Wherever we were was still in the middle of nowhere. I hadn’t seen a house or any kind of building since we’d changed cars. I knew that Amelia had let this get sloppy though. I’d watched enough of crime television to see that them leaving a car so close to the crime scene was their first mistake. Their second mistake, was taking Amelia’s.

“Not a lot of people drive such nice cars, Amelia.” I said quietly, from the backseat. She ignored me. “Won’t be difficult for the police to track it. I’m sure you left some nice tire marks back there. Some kind of clues. And leaving a car back there. Bad move.”

“Shut up.” The guy snapped at me.

“No, Aaron. Let her talk.” Amelia said with a smile forming on her lips. I didn’t like that smile. I watched her eyes flit to my in the rearview mirror and I glowered at her. “First of all Lana, the beautiful car we’re driving in now was reported stolen about a month ago. I’ve been keeping it out here in case of an emergency. The most they’ll track is a stolen vehicle. If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been wearing gloves, so no fingerprints. Especially not in that god forsaken house we’ve been keeping you in.”

“Ian will find me.”

“Ian’s distracted.” She snapped back. “Me and my…associate made sure of that.” I looked over at Aaron and she shook her head. “No, no, Lana. Think back a little.” I blinked in confusion.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh please. You think a pretty little red head just showed up to take your job out of nowhere? No.”

“Genevieve?”

“Oh, so she does have a brain.”

“I don’t understand what she has to do with this. Genevieve wants Ian to herself. Why would she work with you when you want him too?”

“Lana. You’re not looking at the big picture. I don’t care of Ian’s with me or not. I don’t care about Genevieve. I just don’t want him with you.”

“What?”

“You ruined my chances with him. All that may be true, fine, whatever. I can’t change that. I just wanted the same for you. You don’t understand how much it hurt to think that everything’s fine one day and it’s over the next. Do you see how you destroyed my relationship? Do you know the questions I had to face after that breakup? Do you think he left you for someone? What did you do Amelia? How could you ruin such a great match? Then I saw him with you.”

“You never liked me. Ever since high school. What was your problem with me?”

“Lana, you’re the type of girl that didn’t understand her place at that school. You weren’t like the rest of us. And look at you now. Still trying to claw your way to the top. Don’t you see that you’ll never be good enough for him? You’ll never be right for that family. You don’t deserve it like we do.”