chapter 10

Adil's pov

Today is day" am going to propose to hoor ,I hurry got ready for college and went downstairs.
Salam!!! I greet my parents.
Walikumusalm dear come have a sit,dad said.  I nodded and walk  toward him.

so I heard that you have decided to get married,your mom told me yesterday night and am very happy infact I can't believe you decide to marry, but am very happy so I think it time you take over the business.i can't explain how happy I am infact am elated. Dad said.
No dad ,I can't take over the business now, because I think the mall is enough,I said.

No Adil you're going to take over the business and also the Ceo of all the companies and that next week don't you see am getting old I have already informed the workers and also the papers are ready you will have to sign it okay. 

But da... I said it and that final .
okay Abby but can I do I mean can I handle all the work the business, the companies and the mall I just don't know , I said.

Don't worry son you can handle it, mom said and you have to go now so that we can go early to hoor home now shoooo ... 

Okay mom am good, Allah hafiz I said and chuckle. 

God am late, I hurry to my locker, I was was in a hurry went someone bumped into me.

I don't know when Mr Ayuba said that we are partners, hoor became restless she keep asking her friend, when her friend said is not like we're going to get married she quickly look at me and her friend explain. 

Son where are you, we have to get going, mom said through the phone, ammi am coming I said and hurry get into my car.

Salam sister, mom said to a woman around her 40's who is hoor's mom.

Salam,but excuse me am sorry to ask but have we met before, she ask confused.

No,sister we haven't met, but we have meet your daughter. Mom said.

Ohh"but I have two daughters so I don't know which one you are talking, she said.

Oh um talking about um hoor, yes hoor,and can we please come in.

Oh my Allah, how rude I am, am so sorry please forgive me, please come in.she said slapping her forehead.

am sorry for not introducing ourselves. Am sheefarh Omar ,and this is my husband Omar Jafar and this is my youngest daughter ibtisam Omar and this is my eldest son Adil Omar actually he is the reason we are here, he is going to the same school as hoor, we are here to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage. I hope you will agree. Mom said.

Alhamdullilah,but we don't have any thing to say, we have to wait until she comes back.

Adil what is your career??her dad ask.
Um I am the owner of ibtisam mall and I will be the Ceo of our company next week, insha allah ,I reply.

God I didn't recognize you Mr Omar ,how is business,uncle said shaking dad hand. Guess we are popular. Alhamdullilah all is well and  Adil will be the boss so all is well insha allah.mom and aunt became friends ,ibtisam and hoor sister ilham who i know her name from their mom became friends,so am sitting all alone listing to their conversation when the sound of door break their conversation.

I was hell nervous at this time, I feel someone touch me, I turn to see ibtisam smirking at me.

Mom am home, hoor yelled . Her mother was about to get up when mom stop her saying that she will go instead.

My heart was beating like unstoppable drum,what will she think of me will she accept me.

What is happening here ,hoor start questions us like a lawyer.
Hoor take a breath, her mother said laughing at her questions. Ilham take ibtisam to your room.
Okay hoor come take a sit,she sit and ask what is going on.
Okay hoor you know that you promise blah...blah...and...blah. ...blah.mom just go straight to the point. Hoor said. Okay they're here to ask for your hand in marriage for their son Adil. Aunt said. Hoor may I have a word with you, mom said.

So hoor have you decide your answer?? her dad ask. The moment her dad ask her that I become restless. Um yes  dad the is she look at me and then my parents, her mom and then her father again, my answer is she take a deep breath and answer. My answer is yes.
The moment she said that our parents start hugging and congratulating each other my mom called her and hug her.

Um I want to ask a favor, mom said.
Sure go own anything. Aunt reply.
I want them to be engaged next week that on Monday.

No..no.we can't get engaged on Monday . hoor said. Why?? Her mom ask. Mom we will be going to Spain because of our exam project and that on Monday so we will have go together. She said.

Oh then we will make it on Saturday if it okay with you, mom said. it OK we will start the preparation then.
OK then sis we will get going,I will call close relatives and inform them. 
Hoor go and call ibtisam .

Allah hafiz sis and hoor don't stress yourself I want you to look stunning,okay. She nodded and smile.
We said our goodbye and was about to turn to leave.
Adil,she called me with her soft voice. Yes I reply,

Um,we will be leaving on Monday morning and we'll be staying at the apartment the school booked for us,so..um..i...was. .thinking.if...you will. .book another one, because we can't stay in the same apartment. .if it okay with you.
She said with a low voice playing with her fingers.
Okay then, and sorry for not coming with you,i said.

Ahemmmm!! Mom clear her throat
Enough now lovebirds we have to get going, we have preparation to do ,now let's go, mom said. Allah hafiz sister I will call you. We then walk out of the house. I was about to enter my car when a small voice call me. I turn to see hoor. Um I want to ask you a favor please but if it okay with you "she said
Okay go on; I..um.....don't. .want. .the..school..to..know. .that..something...is going between us until we are ...um...engaged .she said stammering. Ok then as you wish, I said with a fake smile . thanks she said and leave.

When we reach home, my mom called all relatives to inform them that me Adil Omar is getting engaged,some where suprise,some where sad because they wanted me for their daughters, some where asking who is the most luckiest girl.

I was typing on my laptop when mom came into my room. Adil dear can we talk for some minutes .
Mom is it important because am busy right now dad has handed me a new responsibilities and I have to work day and night. I said still typing.

Adil shut it down now,mom said in a serious tone . okay mom what is. ..mom are you okay?are you sick? Did something happen? I ask mom because she was crying .
No,Adil everything is fine, am okay, is just that am very happy ,look at how you've grown, you are become a responsible man.am so happy to have hoor as a daughter in law.
And that why am here to tell you something. Are you listening?mom ask and I nodded I don't know what she is trying to tell me. I want you to love and respect hoor,always give her the right she deserves,protect her with all your life, Adil am telling you this because I want you to promise me becauseI might not be there to see you married life. I want you to promise me that you will protect both ibtisam and hoor, please promise me that mom said crying even more. OK mom I promise but is everything fine?all is well son,all is well don't worry and don't think too much okay, now go to sleep don't stress yourself. OK goodnight mom. Goodnight. She said and went out.

What is wrong with mom,she looks pale and weak this days . whatever is it I will ask dad. I was was in my thoughts when my eyelids became heavy and I drift into my sleep land.

............................................................... ...........................

Sorry for the late update ,and sorry for the errors, I hope am forgiven 😯😯
And please if you find this story interesting please comment.
Thanks for reading 😊😊