"Are You Crying?"

Y/n's POV:

My whole body felt cold as I walked further into the dark woods, taking small steps at a time. I was currently lost, tress surrounding me as silence suffocated the atmosphere, I hated it to say the least. I wanted to call out for help but was chocked up on fear, not wanting to attract attention from anything unknown. The feeling of hope washed over me when I watched the sun rise behind hills that I had never noticed before, the sound of birds chirping soon after. My mind was at peace as the nerves calmed down, heading out of the woods so that I was now in an open field that was covered by a sheet of fresh green grass. The feelings that I felt a few moments ago were completely forgotten about due to the amount of beauty surrounding me.

A grateful sigh left my mouth once I spotted a small barn house nearby, surrounded by a bunch of crops. My feet picked up the pace to the point when I was sprinting towards the only sign of shelter with a smile on my face, I was finally going home. Once I reached the entrance, I immediately opened the double set of doors and ran inside, only to see nothing but hay and the sun peaking through a gap in the ceiling. The light directly hit a spot with a block of hay in the middle, yet it seemed to have something on it. Being the curious idiot I was, I slowly crept towards the mysterious object which turned out to be a crinkled piece of paper. Black ink covering the note, displaying a message.

Who will you choose?

Eyes furrowed together and lips slightly parted, I wondered what it meant. But within seconds, my question was about to be answered.

"Who will you choose, y/n l/n?" A voice cackled.

My head shot up to view a masked figure wearing a black cape that covered its entire body, the face being replaced with a plain white mask with two black dots as eyes. I could feel my heart sink when I noticed that it had Emma and Grayson in its grasp, an arm wrapped around each one of their necks. Emma's eyes darted at me behind her chocolate hair with hope, desperate to be out of the situation. She attempted to escape from the figure's grip but failed countless amount of times. Grayson on the other hand didn't move a muscle, he must've given up and knew that he wouldn't be able to break free. He stared at me with his innocent and gorgeous eyes that were now filled with nothing but sadness. I felt as if I was going to break down that very moment due to the amount of pressure that slapped me in the face.

"I said, who will you choose?" The masked figure snapped, reminding me that I wouldn't have very long to save one of my friends. Blood ran through my veins as my heart rate rapidly increased, sweat dripping from my forehead and my mind racing with thoughts.

How the fuck am I going to pick one of them to save?!

My eyes shifted from Emma to Grayson, noticing Gray moving his lips to form words as if he was begging.

Pick me.

I looked into his orbs with confused ones, wondering why he wouldn't have given up his own life, I mean Grayson isn't a selfish person. We exchanged looks, his eyes darting at mine, telling me to trust him. I looked back at the masked figure, taking in a deep breath before responding.

"Grayson."

Silence fell upon us for what felt like hours, more tears pouring down the longer I waited.

Eventually the masked figure broke the silence by laughing, letting go of Emma so that she ran towards me. My heart broke as I watched tears fall down Gray's cheeks, a small smile painted on his lips. That's when I knew why Grayson told me to pick him.

I wasn't picking who to save.

I was picking who to give up.

All of a sudden, there was a sound of something vibrating, causing Emma and I to look at each other. My eyes darted back to where I thought Gray was, but him and the figure had vanished.

The vibrating noise became louder and louder as I covered my ears, not baring to hear the sound any longer. My eyes were glued shut to block out everything around me, only being able to see the colour black. That was until the noise became quieter and a little ray of light peaked into my eyes, causing me to open them. My body felt relaxed as I realised that I just had a bad dream. I sat up so that my back was resting against the headboard, squinting my eyes due to the sunlight beaming through the window.

Once I finally realised that the phone was still buzzing, I threw my arms across the bed to the nightstand before grabbing my phone and accepting the call, not even looking at the contact name.

"Hello?" I asked whilst stretching, my voice sounding raspy af.

"Oh thank god, y/n! I thought you weren't going to pick up!" Someone spoke through the other line as I immediately recognised the voice, Emma.

"Are you crying?" I asked after hearing a sniffle as well as crying noises in the background.

"Y/n, it's all my fault! I told him that I should drive but he insisted, then we were heading over to yours and we were laughing about something that played on the radio, then I asked him to open the windows so that I could-"

"EMMA!" I screamed through the phone, getting up from my bed and putting it on speaker so that I could get changed. "What happened?" I asked as I quickly got changed into a sweater and sweatpants.

She deeply sighed for a moment, trying to calm herself down before speaking again. "It's Grayson." She stated, causing my body to freeze and my head to snap towards my phone.

"We got in a car accident this morning."

This chapter is shit and I don't like it...😐

Also thanks for 8K views!!