Chapter 31: Tormented Wolf | Asphalt Carparks

Start from the beginning

What was rattling him so much to the point that he became like this?

What I have come to know so well about Jasper was, the more I thought I knew about him, the more I find out later that there are even more things I don't know about. And it was always the key explanations that I was missing. The most important of details. 

"DID YOU KNOW?!" He screeched  into the air suddenly and a cold shiver ran down my back. 

"Look I had no idea, honestly!"  Lea cries out.  He snarls in response, eyes like daggers, and body redacted like a deadly wolf locked in a duel.

"Please, Jasper try and calm down. Let's rationalize." 

What was going on?
What were they talking about? I wanted to say something but I hesitated. 

Lea attempting to get closer to him. "Jasper, let's just talk–"

"STAY BACK! FUCK!" He lashes out, chest rising and falling rapidly, staggering and shaking as he paced along the road. "GET AWAY FROM ME RIGHT NOW! LET ME THINK! Let me think..." 

His icy eyes had taken on another form. It was as if they were alight with blue flames – burning purest and hottest fire to exist on Earth. There was pain in the rage they burnt. 

Trauma even. 

Was it Annie?
The news of Annie's condition was distressing, it shook all of us here tonight, even those who didn't know her personally but have came to the event to support her and the cause.
Was this the sole reason he was behaving this way? 

Lea flinched back from his words, looking hesitant herself. But she quickly regained composure and then she daringly took a few steps forward to him, ignoring the growls he was making. It was almost like she'd been in this position before.

She puts her slender hands onto his arms as he continued to breathe heavily, his face contouring into all shapes of anguish. He shrinks away from the contact as she begins to stroke his arms, hushing him into silence.
"It's okay Jasper, it's okay. You'll be alright... I'm here." She hushed softly. "I'm here for you, I'll make it better. " She continues, stroking his back as if she'd always done while he continued to hyperventilate. 

Mr Green blinked many times at the floor and I could see him trying to steady himself with deep breaths. She begins to wrap her arms around his body, resting her head on his and slowly, while his fire began to mellow, I felt  the green of jealousy begin to build inside me, taking over my sense of logic.

What the fuck? This was surely no time to be jealous when he was so obviously in so much pain, I thought angrily at myself whilst shame crept up my neck as I fought against the open desire to rip her away from him.

She was obviously doing something right. It just hurt for some selfish reason of mine to know that Lea understood the situation and therefore can comfort him better than I can. I wasn't given the chance.

It bothered me to see him in her arms. And then it bothers me more that it bothered me in the first place. 

God Rose, you're a fucking dumbass. It's bloody selfish of me to think this way. 
I should just leave – 

*snap* 

A twig under my foot suddenly snaps in half and I freeze.
I had been instinctively going forward without noticing. 

Oh my god. 

Instantly they twist their heads around, Lea in shock and Mr Green... in pure... 
Repulsion.
His gaze was what cut the most. It was as if it was full of hatred and disgust. I was confused, did he not recognize it was me ?

"Hey, is e-everything okay?" I asked, my voice cracking as I took a step forward, trembling with nervous energy. At the same time without warning, a frosty gust of wind swept into the carpark blowing my hair into my eyes and causing the tassels at the bottom of my dress to whip wildly against my legs causing red slashes to form.