Chapter 10

•Chapter 10•
UNEDITED

I look up and see Kyler. He looks down at me and scowls. I immediately look down at my food and wonder why he is so angry. Yesterday he was so sweet and today all I see is an angry monster.
"Meet me by the guys changing room after your practice." He snarls at me. I quickly nod and look down at the tray of food. When the bell rings indicating break was over I head to the field getting ready for practice. They made the practises after lunch now so that we could skip fourth period. Im not complaing.But I was nervous because I had to meet up with Kyler afterwards. I quickly change into my uniform and head out onto the field. The football team was there, they were doing their warm ups and a few were doing some passes. I walk over to my team to see them all oggling the football players. I mentally roll my eyes at them becuase my cheer captain was staring me down. I know she only has me on the team because I am really good at cheer but if I wasnt she would immediately kick me out. Well you are probably thinking duh why would you be on the team if you werent good. Well there are 2 girls on the team that can do a little bit of cheer but are terrible and honestly I am not even kidding here are terrible at learning the routines. We have been practising the routine for the away game for a few weeks now and they still havent nailed it. I dont understand whats so hard about it. i learnt it the first day of pracvtising it.
"Alexis. 6 laps around the fieled. GO!" Charlee snaps at me. See i wasnt kidding there when I told you all that she gives me extra things to do. I mean, i eat alot but I have a flat stomach. I think its because my legs are have alot of muscle on it that she assumes that Im chubby. I look back at Charlee too see that her sidekicks are laughing at her while staring at me. I turn around and start my laps on the field. I was scared because i had to run around the football where all the football players were. I try not make any eye contact with any and continue with my laps. I was starting on my fifth lap when i look u from staring at the ground and see thta the whole football team is staring at me. I immediately look away because who wouldnt. Charlee must have noticed and got jelous so she yelled "You have 2 minutes to finish this lap and 1 more". I look at her with disbelief and start to sprint. I hear woops and yells and roll my eyes knowing that the boys are cheering at Charlee for what she jsut did. I keep looking at the ground while sprinting. I look up from the sound of footsteps. I couldnt see anyone beside or infront of me so I look behind me too see Kyler running up behind me to catch uo with me. I widen my eyes and urge myself too run faster. I try too but it doesnt work becasue Kyler is besinde me in seconds.
"Sugar, I never knew you were so fast."
"Thanks. I try." I reply. He notices my piffing in my breath and laughs loudly beside me. I pass Charlee starting my 6th and final lap.
"Hurry up Alexis. 1 more minute." She says while glaring at Kyler. In my head I am punching her because I know it didnt take me a minute to do that lap. I pick up my pace and start sprinting even fatser. I sneak a glance beside me and see Kyler running. I repeat RUNNING not sprinting but running with a smile on his face. I look ahead of me seeing I only have about 50 more meters so I speed up. Kyler looks at me surprised for a moment and yells
"Its on." and starts sprinting beside me. We are equal until about 10 meters and then he starts running as fast as he can. I pass the line the cheer team made and bend over hands on knees gasping for breath while laughing.
"You cant beat me Sugar." Kyler says while laughing his head off and walking back over too the rest of the boys who were clapping and laughing like idiots. I straighten up and see the rest of the team glaring at me.
"You shoulldnt hang around with Kyler becasue he is Courtneys." Amelia snaps at me.
"Exuse me but you dont own anyone." I say to Amelia and pick up my sports bag and walk to the locker rooms.
"Exuse me Alexis! One dont speak to us like that and two practie has only started!"
"Yeah well I'm leaving." i snap over my shoulder. I start making my way over to the girls changing rooms and lockers. Once I get in there I start rolling out my shoulders because after them start healing Charlee decides I have to run. Feels great. I decide to stay in my uniform because it's a really hot day and I don't want to change into my jeans and hoodie. After catching a look at myself in the mirror I decide to wrap a hoodie around my middle that shows stomach because I don't want anyone noticing the bruises. Looking at them remind that I still have to speak to Zilliah about what happened with Carter. I walk out of the changing rooms and start making my way to fourth period when a hand grabs my arm and pulls me back.
"Did you forget about meeting with me Sugar?"
I mentally face palm myself because I had forgotten about it while thinking about everything.
"Sorry Spice." I give him a sarcastic smile while he just lets out a deep chuckle. "So what did you want to talk about?"
"Oh yeah. I just want to check up on how your doing." I give him a confused look and he looks down embarrassed.
"Uhm I'm sorry Lex but while you cried yourself to sleep the other night I put you in your bedroom and went down stairs too see what made you cry so so much and uh I read the piece of paper."
He scratches his arm and looks at me carefully. I stay quite for a while thinking about it and if I mind.
"Oh okay. Uhm yeah."
"I'm sorry. But uhm I hope you're okay. Because I read what you're dad did." My eyes widen when I realise what he is talking about. I completely forgot that was mentioned in the letter.
"I have to go." I quickly say trying not to let tears come out.
"No Lexi. I'm sorry. Come back!"
Kyler says walking after me. He grabs my arm again but I snap it back.
"KYLER JUST LEAVE. THAT WAS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS AND THINGS THAT I DIDN'T WANT ANYONE KNOWING WAS IN THAT SO JUST GO!" I scream at him while I let the tears fall. He looks shocked and let's go of my arm with surprise. I take that opportunity to run but he notices it and try's to grab my arm again but ends up pulling my shirt. My footing gets all messed up and and I end up falling in the ground. I fell the grass pulling my skirt up and skins shorts. My back slams on the ground and I let out a groan and try sit up to cover up my legs. I sit up and and pull my skirt and shorts down and look up to Kyler too see tears in his eyes. I look away embarrassed knowing he saw them. I stand up getting ready to leave when hi reached out both of his arms and pulls me into a hug. I stand still for a bit trying not to cry again but I end up crying. My hands clutch the front of his shirt while I try not to loose it.
"Why. Why do you do it?" He croakily let's out. I pull back too see he is crying as well.
I look at him and he seems to understand and then he looks down at the top of my thighs again then back at me.
"Can I please see them again?" He asks almost scared. I let out a choked noise and nod. I pull up my skirt along with my skins just enough so he can see. He bends down onto his knees too get a better look and traces each scar with his index finger. When he looks at the other leg he looks up at me with his lips pulled down in to a frown while tears form into his eyes again. His fingers gently trace the scabs that have formed.
"When did you do these."
"Uhm Wednesday I think."
"Why. Why did you do it?" He asks genuinely concerned. I look away pursing my lips trying not to cry again. I look back down again at him.
"Carson beat me so I left school after running into you." I let out a small chuckle but stop when he looks at me seriously. "Then I went home and had a shower when d-dad came in and h-he r-raped me." I stumble out and look away . I feel my shorts being let down as well as my skirt and I'm pulled into a hug again.
"I'm sorry Sugar. I'm sorry this happened to you. You don't deserve it." He mumbles intro my ear while hugging me really tight.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Here it is. Chapter 10. I decide to update because @bishaka_21 messaged me and wanted an update and that made me feel happy so this chapter is dedicated to her! Love you all
Word count: 1600

Vote.Comment.Share

💖💜💕