6

Chapter 6- Niece

Lucy gasped slightly as Natsu pulled her face closer to his. The bar between them limited their space but they paid no mind to that.

When Natsu departed he stared directly into Lucy's eyes. He held clouded eyes, they screamed lust and love.

"You should go." Lucy muttered against his thin lips, "before someone gets too suspicious."

Natsu nodded, "I'll come back tomorrow Lucy, see you."

Lucy sighed not wanting him to go, but she knows he should. She wouldn't want anyone separating them, especially after that kiss.

"Bye."

As Natsu walked out with his hands in his pockets Lucy back away from the cell and let her back touch the cold wall. As a child she was scared of the dark, and when she'd requested to be roomed with someone to help sooth her fears they laughed at her face. "You're the most deadly killer! And you can't even sleep in the dark?! Ha! Guess you really are just a child." They would always say. Now that she was turning eighteen she'll have an actual hearing, and there they would decide if she'll rot in jail, be free, or a death sentence. And the latter seemed most likely.

Lucy tried her hardest to be more 'sane' for Natsu. If she could prove she is more sane because of him she might be let out, or at least that's what she hopes for.

Since she turned fourteen she hasn't been in any fights with any adults. She took her medication obediently and she was more quiet. She would play the piano or read a book. She would watch as people fought or argued and they would go to the solitude room, and she made sure she'd never go there again.

Sometimes reporters would sneak into the hospital and see her, and when that happened she'd be on her best behavior, she'd talk proper with her back straight, she'd always be polite and answer any question they had. She tried to put an image of a perfectly sane girl so people would pity her for being in that wretched hospital.

"Lucy!" She heard someone shout, "you've got a visitor!"

Her head perked at this statement.

A visitor? Another reporter perhaps? Couldn't be Natsu again could it?

A woman with long brown hair and brown eyes walked towards Lucy holding a pack of cards. She sat in front of Lucy on Natsu's previous spot.

"Tch, those bitches wouldn't let me bring my beer in here! What stuck up their arses?!"

Lucy scowled, "why are you here Cana?" She questioned as she watched the woman deal cards towards her.

"Oh," Cana pulled out a card from the deck and held it between her first two fingers, "can't a woman visit her niece once in awhile?"