Master

Life had a way of surprising you no matter how old or experienced you were. Naruto in his many years roaming the earth always took this to heart which is why he followed the simple belief that 'Fate doesn't control you. It merely guides you on your path.' After being alone so long, he just went with what was thrown his way, believing that nothing was chance, every meeting was important. This ideology was proven true when he met a swordsman in training with eyes like a Hawk.

Although seemingly coincidental, both believed that fate played a hand, hidden in the fog of strange circumstances. 

Dracule Mihawk was never a fool even at a young age, from the moment he gazed upon the blond with a blinding smile and eyes that seemed far too old, ancient almost; he knew that the man held the power that a few could even dream of. If only he could imagine how right he was at that moment.

It wasn't until two years later, at the age of ten, did Mihawk find his eyes on the man again. But this time the man looked back. Starting what would be called a long chain of events.

"Power is only a word we made up; what it truly is, no one can truly know. It's supposedly the build up of strength and skill, and although you have yet to reach this type of power; there's a different kind of power in you that is so blinding that I saw it the moment I looked in your eyes. Yours is the power of potential, Mihawk. A great deal of it and I intend to awaken it." Naruto said from his spot. 

Dracule 'Hawk-eyes' Mihawk, looked up at the top of the boat, at the roof following the sound of a very familiar voice; eager to see the man he had trained under. The man that held his respect like no other, not Shanks, not even Gol D. Roger. When his eyes found that familiar aura of warmth yet such colossal power that could not be hidden from his watchful gaze, he almost smiled... almost.

That Man... he sat so calmly with relaxation as if this was all going along exactly like how he meant it to, which was deceiving as Mihawk knew the man to never really plan. But even with the easy going front; he'd managed to position himself in a way that no one other than Mihawk could see him. It was these small acts that cautioned him to remember his teacher and that monstrous power.

Though the gaze of Mihawk, which seemingly led to nowhere rose questions from the spectators. One quite louder than the rest. 

"What!? Who's there? A ghost!?" The raven haired boy shouted out, breaking the tension, in fact looking closer he recognised the brat to be Shanks' friend.

"I wish, it would be interesting if I had a backstory of how I came to be and my goals of revenge on the man who murdered me. It would so much more amusing." he said jovially, his light yet rough voice washing over everyone. "Now Mihawk, leave the man be." The voice became edgy, and his command left no room for argument.

Hawkeye stared at the green haired swordsman in a new light, if the man had caught his teacher's attention, then this man must have what he himself had. Potential. he stepped aside, sheathing his sword in response to the command.

Zoro lay there on the ground, his clothes coated in blood and his hair covering his piercing eyes. Ignoring the tremendous pain, he focused on the voice; memorising it. That man..... He had the power to command the world's greatest swordsman without hesitation. He was not someone he could easily forget.

"If you're not a ghost then why can't I see you!?" Luffy shouted, his face getting red as he tried to work his brain excessively, pressuring his small capability to think. "Gah! I give up! It's too hard!"

In response to Luffy's outburst, vociferous laughter filled out the area and Mihawk could just imagine the strange man clutching his stomach and rubbing tears out of his eyes while doing so. Despite his unreadable changes of attitude, he always responded to certain situations in the same way. Even after all these years, it seemed that he hadn't changed. 

"Watch out Straw hat, your opponent's trying to sneak away." He warned in a still upbeat tone.

"OI!" Luffy shouted as the bruised Don Krieg who'd begun to tiptoe towards a pile of weapons tried to sneak away: effectively causing all the fighting to resume. However, Mihawk's eyes were kept firmly on the roof of the floating restaurant, and his actions were rewarded as he saw a figure jump down, his cloak billowing around him standing for a second before slowly turning his head towards Dracule.

He hadn't aged a day, his skin still young and smooth. The exact replica of the man Mihawk had seen twenty years ago. He supposed that the man wasn't called the Eternal Emperor as a joke.

''Drop the act Mihawk. You're scaring them.'' He joked, laughing as he patted his back. All Dracule could do was grimace from the strength the man's 'pat's were. 

The rest looked at the two with worry, especially for the nameless blond. As if assuming his death by the world's strongest swordsman. 

"How've you been Drake? Still as broody as ever?"

"I'm not broody, Master" He hissed, and Naruto only laughed more. 

"You remind me of Sasu-..." Naruto silenced, pain appearing in his eyes, shadows cast across his face. 

"Are you alright Master? Are you ill?"

"I'm fine Dracule. I'm fine. Well, it seems that I've got enough attention, Sayonara! Cheerio! Tally-ho! Ciao!" With a swift nod in his direction, his teacher was gone. disappearing as if he had never been there.