Learning

Mihawk was not a man that was easily deterred. 

However, there were a few things in this strange world which even he could not pursue, although the amount was minuscule. Unfortunately at the top of that short list was his teacher. 

The man was like sand, even if you clench your hands in an iron grip, he'll always escape through the cracks. Or maybe a better analogy would be that he was like the wind. You can't see him, you can't catch him, but you can feel him and you know he's there. Either way, it was extremely frustrating and was typical of his mysterious personality. 

Though it was also for these reasons that he didn't even bother wasting his time trying to catch up with the man.

The only thing that wouldn't let his mind rest was that there had been no extra boats or ships docked around the floating restaurant. In fact, Mihawk had never seen that man's ship, if he even had one. It was as if he could walk on water or teleport by some nature.

But none the less he liked to think that he had let him go, instead of him escaping in a blink of an eye. 

Naruto, on the other hand, was looking at the straw hat he had once bought for Roger on his birthday, on the raven haired brat's head. He was going to have to talk to the red-haired brat again to ask about what happened.  

~o0o~

Nami didn't know which was worse, the fact that those lovable idiots actually faced the man who had ruined her life or that they now knew her backstory. Either way; she couldn't decide whether it was good or bad. 

Turning her head, she allowed a soft smile to spread across her lips as she stared at her new captain who was laughing while he gorged himself on food. She could still see fresh wounds littering his body, whether it was from the fishmen or Don Krieg, whom he'd fought before rushing after Nami, she didn't know. 

It was odd how much had changed in so little time due to Luffy. 

Turning her gaze away from the straw hatted boy, she caught a glimpse of green in her peripheral vision. Hoping to talk to him, she got up, placing herself against the wall he was leaning against. 

Zoro by nature was not a trusting man, she feared what he may be thinking after her betrayal.

He lay, arms crossed and face emotionless, against the wall of the old restaurant watching all the mess his captain was causing with the townspeople. Though his gaze also seemed troubled, as if something was bothering him. The worry in her stomach doubled after deducing that - if he was angry at her, she definitely wouldn't go unscathed. 

''I would understand you know, if you can't forgive me.'' She said slowly, in a low and calming tone.

Zoro however, didn't reply, his eyes glazed over, lost in its thoughts. The wound from Hawkeye throbbing venomously as he continued torturing himself over who that man was. 

''Don't mind him Nami~swaaaaaannn'' A swirly browed blond swooned, circling around the girl. ''He's beenilike that ever since the battle with dracule Mihawk. Pffft! Saved by a stranger!''

''Shut it you perverted cook!'' the man in question yelled, multiple irk marks present on his forehead and hand on his katana.

''Did you know who this guy was?'' She asked. 

''No'' Zoro said gruffly, still a little annoyed. ''But Hawkeye called him, teacher.''

Metaphorical lightning struck, as Nami's posture straightened and her mouth was left open in surprise. The only known teacher of the famous swordsman was... but no, it's impossible. He'd been off the grid for years. 

''What!? Who is he!?'' Zoro queried, his voice deep in urgency. 

Nami ran away from the town square where the party was going on, sprinting as fast as her legs could take her, leaving Zoro and Sanji to stumble after in surprise. 

Throwing open her door, she took two steps at a time up the stairs on a rush to reach her room. After finally getting there, her first move was to head straight towards the browning chest in the corner. The one that contained all her wanted posters. 

Digging around for a few minutes, she failed to notice the two men entering the room quietly. 

''Aha!!'' She yelled in triumph. Holding up an old and crinkled wanted poster that she found at the bottom.

Shoving it in the men's faces she waved it around frantically, only stopping when Zoro caught her wrist, prying it from her hand. 

''Warning'' he started to read. ''The Eternal Emperor, age unknown, real name unknown, crew affliction: none.''

''Why does it say warning instead of wanted, and there's no bounty?'' Sanji questioned. 

''Look at the back.'' Nami urged. 

''Beware, all marines are not to approach this man, no bounty is to be issued to sway from interaction with him. Pirates, attack at your own peril.'' Zoro stated. 

''Well how lovely, they even warned pirates. That isn't terrifying at all, not a single bit.'' Sanji sarcastically snarked to the duo, sadly being ignored. 

''You think this was the man from the baratie?'' Zoro demanded, his voice leaning on the threatening side.

''This man was the only known teacher of Hawkeye, as well as numerous other powerhouses today. I heard that he even trained Gold Roger at one point, he hasn't been seen for years though.''

''This must be really old then, if he trained Roger, then he'd be over his sixties or seventies.'' Though he then looked at the picture closely, then gasped. 

''That's the guy who was talking to Zeff! How!? He hasn't aged a day!''

''You saw him!?''

''Yeah. He was talking to Zeff, who served him. Don't know how they know each other though. He disappeared, so I had no idea what happened, but this is the guy!''

In the image box was a picture of a man around twenty with slightly dark blond hair, wearing an old fashioned pirate gear, with a loose pirate coat and unbuttoned shirt

In the image box was a picture of a man around twenty with slightly dark blond hair, wearing an old fashioned pirate gear, with a loose pirate coat and unbuttoned shirt. Accessories littering his arms and hanging from his overly exaggerated hat with a feather. Hanging from his neck was his supposed most prized treasure, a glittering green stone, its jade colour almost bleaching through the paper. 

He had a half smirk painted on his face as he posed for the camera, knowing it was there as he stared into its direction.

Despite only just learning about the Eternal Emperor, Zoro knew it wasn't a face he was likely to ever forget.