Chapter 51 - Understanding Unspoken

He couldn't even blink as he saw her, as she said that. Tears ditched his eyes and rolled down. She wiped it sniffing. This woman was madly in love with him. As madly as he was in love with her.

He pulled her closer. His arms hugging her. She hugged him back, as tightly as she could. He loved how she tried hard to crush him into herself. He kissed her hair, running his palms on her back. "Love you. And..I am..sor-"

"Shh.. Don't. "

"How do you put up with me?" He asked breaking apart. 

"Just like you put up with all my drama and me." She smiled wiping her tears. 

"I am such a gone case. " he sighed.

She stared at him. Idiot ! "I am mad at you." 

He looked at her. "I know. "

"Ask me why?"

"That has a never ending answer." He said looking at the grass thoughtfully. There were so many points where he had been such a disappointment.

"Fine. Don't ask. I also don't care." She said moving away and turning the other way.

"Anika." He called her name. He was so lost in his own thoughts to even notice the attention she was asking.

"Shouldn't we be with Vishal? "

She turned back to look at him. Her dramatic expression immediately changing into a serious one. "It's okay. If you don't like it, I won't do it. If you don't like me talking to someone. I won't. " she spoke wondering what he still felt.

"I owe him more than you!" He gulped hard, looking guilty. "He's the reason you are next to me– here and now. I owe him more than you do." What would have been, if Vishal wasn't there that day? It was such a nightmare if thought about.

She bit her lips, tears falling down her eyes. She could feel what he felt. What if something happened to her? He'd be such an irrevocable mess. She shuddered to even imagine.

He stared at her. "Let's go.."

Anika was scared. She didn't want Shivaay to be uncomfortable or in any way feel bad about anything. He hadn't understood her friendship with Vishal. Or maybe he was jealous she had another friend. She could understand. He loved her too much. 

When he held her hand. She saw hope. Maybe this was just the way to settle this topic forever. Besides, she should be there for Vishal in this hard time.

* * *

Dressed in a plain pinkish dress Anika entered Vishal's ancestral home with Shivaay. He was dressed in a plain white shirt and brown pants. She could see through his expressions the battle that went on within him. She slipped her hand into his and managed to smile. He gave her a gaze of gratefulness.