Chapter 11 - Away Or Close?

A sudden silence of shock took over at the dinner table as Shivaay announced that they'd be moving to the mansion in two days. 

"Shivaay. It's not possible. There is so much packing yo be done. Oh no oh no. It will take at least a week to get everything in order." Pinky declared unhappy with Shivaay's idea.

"Mom. Relax. I have everything arranged. The movers and packers will be here and all you have to do is supervise them. Of required you can call for extra helpers. Mansion will be ready completely by tomorrow. Shiya is working on whatever changes you wanted. Everything is perfect." Shivaay explained.

"But -"

"Mom!"

Anika simply stared at him. Alright it was there home. But this was hers. Ever since the wedding she had been here. This was her home. The thought of going away from here to a new place tormented her. With his every decision she found her annoyance growing. Fine- he had memories there his childhood and what not. But he had memories here too. They had memories. Was it so easy for him to leave behind this place? 

Of course.

When Pinky couldn't convince him, she tried. She wanted time - time to be here. She was so attached to everything. The dogs, the neighborhood, the room, memories of her early days of marriage everything was here.

"Shivaay, it's not possible. " she said slowly. He looked up at her immediately. "I mean, packing personal belongings, wardrobe, and what not. Mumma is right. "

"Anika, I have everything planned. There will be a special team for all that. You and mom have to just take care of the jewelry, and lockers that's it. Now that's not more than a quarter day's job is it?"

Anika fell silent. Fine, he had decided. How did it matter what other opinion was? She had suddenly lost the appetite to eat. She however continued and finished what was inner plate. 

* * *

She was standing in the balcony of her bedroom having no heart to go down and feed the dogs. Her phone beeped. It was an email from office. On seeing Vishal's name on the notification, she remembered how rude she had been to him. She pinched the bridge of her nose feeling stressed. What was his fault? 

She quickly dialed his number. He always answered her call. But this time he only picked up the call at the last ring. "Hello."

"Hey, Anika. I've sent the details and .."

"Yeah I got it."

" Great.Then-? Anything I forgot? " the man on the other side maintained a professional tone.

"I called to say- I am Sorry. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that."

"No.no. it was my fault. I shouldn't have behaved so unprofessionally. " he maintained a clipped tone.