Chapter 17 - Disobedient Desires

She woke up to find the other side of the bed empty. She sat up stretching herself and remembered she had to hurry to get ready. Getting off the bed she walked to he washroom. Last night's events revolved around her head as she brushed her teeth. No wonder, the headache. 

Understanding that she had ample of time to get ready she quickly ran down. The previous morning and afternoon she had made a little time to meet all neighbors and bid them farewell. But her two loyal friends - Tobby and Bozo were left out. She greeted Pinky. 

"Madam, where are you going ? You do still remember right, we.." Pinky began in her usual teasing tone.

"I am running away. " Anika laughed. Pinky made a rather funny face expressing disapproval. 

"Will be back in few minutes!" She laughed waving the box of rusks, and Pinky understood. Putting her dupatta properly Anika walked out to be greeted by the fresh morning air. Aah, Lovely morning! 

She walked around the complex where she knew she'd find the two dogs. She had barely stepped after turning when she almost banged into someone. 

"Hey, watch where-- !" She scolded, immediately looking up. Her eyes settled on her favorite pair of eyes. Her husband stood right before her, close to her. He was panting. Sweat trickling down his forehead and neck. His eyes that held intensity, staring at her. He leaned closer and her eyes grew wide. A smirk formed on his face, shaking his head he wished her a good morning. Yuck! A few droplets of his sweat fell on her. 

She frowned wishing him back. But the minute she had taken her eyes off his, her frown disappeared. She stood their looking at his biceps, his perfect abs beneath the tight fitting black gym vest. She gulped how wonderful it would be to run her hands over them. No, no,no. Anika get a hold. She reminded herself. A few young girls jogging past them gave her husband looks. Anika straightened her lips. He was 'her' husband - she was tempted to tell them. Before she could turn back at him, Tobby & Bozo were beside her leg. She used to often come down and talk her heart out to them. She did not know whether they understood what she said but they showed affection.

She smiled widely bending down. Shivaay looked amused, these two got such welcoming wide long smile and he ? But, he did notice that grimace of his jealous wife. Grinning, he too knelt down, facing her trying to get the dogs' attention. Strangely the dogs did not turn to him. They continued to lick her hands and eat the rusks nonchalantly.

He tried again and the dog looked back at his wife. He furrowed his brows. They didn't seem to give a damn to him.  He simply continued to stare at her smiling at them.  He felt left out. He felt rejected. Ever since he had come, he felt so aloof from her. Now, even these two pets. He gave a last attempt to get the dog's attention. He failed. He decided to give up and head back up. Yes, he was angry. He never knew pets showed tantrums too. He was about to rise when she held his hand. Taking his hand, she shifted slightly closer to him. The dogs finally looked at him and licked his hand. He stared at her. She looked at him. 

"Are they upset too? With me?" He asked in a soft voice.