Admit

Taehyung was too consumed in his thoughts for the rest of the party. He silently sat beside Min-ah who just didn't want to abandon him and go back to partying; even if he insisted. Jimin wasn't returning either.

He still couldn't contain all his thoughts and doubts. What if Jimin still loves him? Is this going to affect their friendship? Why didn't Jimin tell him anything before? Does Jimin actually hate Taehyung?

"Taehyung.. don't worry." Min-ah seemed to have figured out his anxious form and rubbed his knees to comfort him. Taehyung nodded without saying anything. He couldn't find Hoseok either, and it futher stirred up his anxiety. What if they are together? Taehyung couldn't get rid of the paranoia poking at his conscience. But, moreover Hoseok was in love with Yoongi. 

His heart thumped painfully in his chest and the tightness that suffocated him didn't restrict him from staying drowned in his anxiety. The more he tried to not think about them, the more he did. Everything was messed up. He had no idea how was he going to get out of the mess. He desperately wanted a way out but something kept him anchored to the whole mess, as if not wanting him to leave.

His vision fell on an approaching figure through the dimmed lights; getting more clearer as he neared the pair and a half-hearted smile that was plastered on his face.

"Jimin, where were you?!" Min-ah pouted as she sprang up from her seat and nudged his shoulders. Jimin just reeled his fingers through his hair and smiled. He was back to being the cheerful and free-willed person. But after learning his truth, Taehyung couldn't see him as the same, there was this strange feeling at the back of his heart that somewhat made him feel hostile in his presence.

"Sorry" He smiled. Min-ah gestered him to lend his ear and he leaned on the side; she whispered something after which Jimin's bright smile faltered, neutralizing his expression. His eyes which rather now looked dull and sucked out of life. "Why.." he mumbled before he stared at Min-ah, "I- I wasn't ready."

Min-ah tugged at her lower lip in guilt as she threw him an apologetic look. She comforted him by firmly squeezing his shoulders, "It's alright Jimin, you can tell him." She said and patted his head before she head away.

Taehyung didn't want a private conversation with Jimin at that very moment, not after he learned about his past. But it was inevitable, it was about to happen right that moment. He awkwardly focused his eyes on somewhere else, even when the other guy took a seat beside him.

"Tae.." Jimin spoke. Taehyung nodded and replied faintly, "mhm..?". A long silence followed, no one spoke, nothing happened. Taehyung got a little concerned at the end and turned his head around to see Jimin. He noticed the guy's focus on fidgeting his fingers. Taehyung had undeniably never seen such a show of nervousness from the guy. It did suprise him, but maybe Jimin was really too bothered by the information that Tae had retrieved from someone else other than Jimin himself. His chance at privacy was stolen by Min-ah who had to give in to Tae's bugging and revealed his past without his proper consent.

"Jimin.. I know now.. that you-"

"Yeah?" Jimin chuckled, "Do you hate me now?" His piercing gaze that required an answer. His eyes still empty, robbed of energy.

Taehyung unreluctantly shook his head in denial, "No! It's not like that."
He sighed, "Why didn't you tell me before, Jimin?"

"You think it's easy?" Jimin frustratedly buried his face in his palm, his voice breaking, "It's not easy for me to relive those memories.. simply recalling it makes me feel miserable. It stings. Badly." His voice muffled and weak, "And.. you and Hobi.. it hurts."