30) Summoning of Darkness

All the Autobots with Optimus in the lead, made their way to Washington D.C. The Capitol was magnificent, but the way there were no tourists made Incendium worry. It was deadly quiet with no movements. Optimus transformed as did the other Autobots.

"Sideswipe, Bumblebee, and Dino get into position. I'll call for backup." Optimus ordered. "Ratchet, you assure that no one is harmed. Citizen and Autobot. Incendium....you're coming with me." He then informed. Incendium quickly unsheathed her javelin, keeping the weapon close to her frame.

"Where do you suggest Sentinel is hiding?" She cautiously asked.

"He may not be seeking shelter, Incendium." Optimus informed. "Those pillars he took......quick, Incendium! Where in Washington is a source of reflection?"

"The Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool–" Before Incendium could mutter out a scoff, Optimus dashed away. She followed after him only to realize they were heading the wrong way. She pulled the Prime to the correct direction and the two ran as fast as they could.

"Commencing transport." Sentinel announced.

"Stop! No, no! NO, SENTINEL!" Optimus and Incendium arrived just as Sentinel activated the pillars. The prime that turned muttered something under his breath, but neither of them caught what he said. The transportation technology beamed with light as it connected like a screen. Incendium could see the moon as if it were a mile away. Figures rose from the dust, slowly making its way towards them. Sentinel fled the scene and Optimus dashed after him. The first Decepticon came through, ignoring Incendium and her threatening stance.

"Hey! Scared to be beaten by a femme?!" She shouted. It still ignored her and more began to pour out, all ignoring Incendium. She chased after them only to see the Decepticons rampaging through the streets, trying to find a machine to copy. Not having any other choice, she scoured the landscape, searching for Optimus. Before she could even get pass the Reflecting Pool, another sentient being slammed into her.

"You're not going anywhere!" A familiar voice snarled. Starscream sprawled atop Incendium, tossing her javelin aside. Using her knee plate, she jabbed Starscream's pelvis. He let out a guttural scream, curling up as Incendium grabbed her javelin. "You will pay for that."

"I'd like to see you try." Incendium snarled back. From the darkness of Abraham Lincoln's Memorial, a figure that sent fear down Incendium's bipedalism cord. Megatron grinned maliciously.

"Autobots! Retreat!" Optimus ordered through the transmitter. But she stayed. Her pedes planted into the ground, staring at Megatron and Starscream.

"Why aren't you retreating like your leader ordered you to? Rebelling again are we?" Megatron growled. Incendium swung her javelin to keep the two Decepticons at bay. Swiftly, she ran towards the commotion in which she hoped she would find Optimus. Starscream sent out two blasts from his canons, but evidently ceased. The Capitol had gone quiet, only the distance of sirens were audible. Incendium made it to Ulysses S. Grant Memorial, finding Optimus staring blankly at the trees that ruffled from the wind.

"It's not over." He groaned before standing up. "You were supposed to retreat." Optimus winced as he placed his servo on his shoulder pad. Incendium wrapped her arms around his waist, gently massaging his shoulder and Hexa-Lateral Scapula (the back). He melted under her support.

"Thank you." Optimus smiled. "But I'm fine." He straightened up but Incendium still had her arms wrapped around him.

"You need a chiropractor. It's a good thing my friend taught me." She then mentioned.