CHAPTER 3 - Annabelle?

Walking down the stairs, I see mom staggering with her head in her hands.
She never listens to me, I told her not to replace the orange juice with tequila but she did.

"Mom." I call after her and she waves her hand.

I follow her into the kitchen and give her a cup of water with some hangover tablets.

"Mom, why did you?" I ask for the umpteenth time since I was three.

"Your dad." Is all she says.

"You should stop drinking mom, It's unhealthy."

"Don't tell me what to do, Melanie. Just go, everything is your fault." She says and brings out a bottle of tequila I didn't notice she was holding.

"Just go." She dismisses me.

I've got my own problems too and everything isn't my fault. I want to say that, but I can't.

Retrieving my phone from my pocket, I decide to text Jane.

[Mel]

See you at the restaurant in twenty minutes.

After waiting for a solid minute, a red notification shows on our chat.

[Jane]

Bih! I've been waiting for you.

Reading her message, I tuck my phone back into my pocket and take a quick glance at my mom sprawled on the sofa with an empty bottle beside her.
Sighing, I walk out.

At the restaurant.

Jane is seated at our usual VIP spot. Walking over to where she is seated, I take a seat.

"Bih!" She shouts drawing the attention of people to us and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up!"

"That's how you treat your excited best friend." She says holding her chest with a mock expression.

"I love you." I reply with a smile plastered on my lips.

"You told me the plan worked and then you went offline. Why did you go offline? You shouldn't be offline after such a message, I was bored and needed a gist." She says all without a pause.

"I was offline for a reason." I say.

"Were you sexting, Mike?" She asks.

"Don't mention his name." I reply remembering the picture I saw yesterday.

"You mean you are now a saint who doesn't want to hear the S word?"

"Not that, he didn't reply my messages, plus I am super mad at him right now." I reply and bring out my phone to show her the exact picture I saw last night.

"What?! That son of a bitch!" She cusses, "I seriously need a cup of coffee." She adds and beckon to a waiter.

"Who is she?" She asks.

"Her face is buried in the crook of his neck, so I don't know." I reply.

"The next time I see Mike, I will fucking kill him." She says.

"That's after an explanation, she might be a friend. I think it's better if we don't jump into conclusions."

"I know she isn't a friend, his blue balls can't stick to you, he..." She stops and I raise my brows.

"Speaking of the devil." She adds and I look around in search for the devil.

"There's no devil here." I say looking at her.

"The window." She says and I turn to look at the window.

Even in the dark, I will recognize Mike. He is standing by the pool with his tongue shoved down a girl's throat and her hands running through his hair.

I found my legs moving and before I realize it, I am out there staring at them like a fool.

What I feel right now is more than all the pains I have ever felt. I feel like crying, but I won't. I blink rapidly to stop the tears threatening to fall.

"Mike." I say my voice coming out as a hoarse whisper.

My vision is blurred and before he can say anything, Jane dumps her coffee on his face thereby ruining his million dollar worth shirt and that's something I have never been able to bring myself to do..

"Thank you, Jane." I murmur.

The girl turns to face me causing my mouth to open.

"Annabelle?" I ask dumbly.

"Do you know her?" Mike asks and I shake my head to clear my vision.

"Baby, she's the bitch I told you hurt me." Annabel replies.

She calls him baby? He fights with me every time I call him baby, telling me it makes him feel like he isn't mature.

"Mike, what did Mel ever do to you? She's been a faithful ass to you, motherfucker!" Jane asks with cusses.

I don't want to hear anything he has to say, all I want now is to leave him.

"Let's go, Jane." I say and she follows me reluctantly.

If I stay there one more minute, I will let go of the tears threatening to fall and Jane, being who she is, will beat up Annabel and I don't want that to happen.

"Can a relationship of two years be a joke to someone?" I ask, letting the tears I have been holding back fall and Jane hugs me.

"He never loved you, he got what he wanted already. Don't cry anymore our plan to get you out of New York worked, you will be leaving this weekend." She says and I nod.

"There's no point in waiting for the weekend, I'll leave tonight." I say and give Jane a hug before walking away.

"Call me everyday!" She shouts after me.

"I will!" I shout back and move my hands to my face.

I didn't come with my car. I took a cab... and I don't want to take a cab either. I want to punish myself for ever thinking I could be loved.

"I will walk home." I keep mumbling to myself and a drop of water hits my nose.

Shit! It's raining.

The rain mixes with my tears and I continue walking in the rain as I let different thoughts run through my mind.

Please vote