chapter 2 - You're Expelled!

"You're expelled!" The crazy old woman shrieks and I look at her in disgust.
I believe she doesn't know that she looks like a lunatic.

"Mrs. Jones, give her one more chance." My mom speaks.

"Mrs. Brown, I don't care about what is said by others. The school does not permit the violence. This daughter of yours retaliated with evil..." she continues to yell. Gosh, I didn't kill so why the noise.

I can feel mom's eyes on me. If only looks could kill, I would be lying on the floor dead.

Not forgetting to mention the way this disgusting old woman looked at me when I walked in.

"Jones, don't act like you haven't collected enough money to fend for your needs for the rest of your life from us." My mom says rudely, making me sigh.

"Anabelle, whose nose she broke is a well-respected student." The lunatic replies.

I'm so sure she's faking the broken nose. Although her nose did bleed, I made sure I did not to break her nose.

"Who is she?" My mom asks.

"She is a Robin, your husband's political opponent." The lunatic replies.

I didn't even start the fight, she did and I took it as an opportunity to leave the school for good, so I decided to give her plastic nose a nice touch. Her mouth runs a lot, you would think she can beat me up, but nay. She kept using her nails like a harmless kitten.

"Mrs. Brown, I can't let this go on any further, I have tried to encourage her to her aesthetic side but she did not yield. I wonder why a girl with perfect grades will be such a scum. What she did isn't something to be overlooked, I can't let my other students be subjected to such." She says and I snort out loud with a shrug which makes the ugly old woman and mom glare at me.

"Whatever the case may be, write a transfer letter for her to another college with a good report." My mom says and turn to face me, "

wait outside." She says to me and I Walk out.

Getting out I rest my back against the wall and breath in. I'm not proud of myself for getting transferred three times.

"Let's go." Mom says walking out and closing the door behind her.

"Get in and sit shotgun." She says and I do as she had just said.

"Mom, I'm sorry."

"Mel, you're leaving New York before weekend." She replies and I almost want to get out of the car and dance.

Finally!

****
The rest of the ride was silent.

Mom's phone rings and she picks up. Leaving her in the car, I walk into the house only to find a lady's bag, jacket and shoes in the parlor.

Dad is at it again.

"Mom must not see this." I mumble to myself while picking up the shoes, jacket and bag.

"Mel." Mom calls after me but I can't face her because of what I am holding.

"Few minutes mom." I reply and run up the stairs only to hear moans from my dad's room.

I wonder why mom is still with my dad even after catching him so many times with his mistresses.

I dump the shoes and jacket at the door. Opening the bag down, I hang it on the handle of the door and tilt it a bit. So that when the door is opened all the contents will pour out.
Smiling at my little game, I leave for the stairs again.

"Mel, get me a cup of orange juice. Don't tell the housekeeper to bring it!" She says, laying an emphasis on the part where I shouldn't instruct the housekeeper to do what she just asked me to do.

I walk into the kitchen and return to the parlor with the glass cup containing the orange juice she requested for, only to find her seated on the sofa opposite the television with her phone in her hands as she seems to be more interested in whatever is happening on her phone rather than the television.

"Here, mom." I say giving her the cup and she takes it from me.

"Thank you." She mumbles and I nod.

"Mom, don't replace the cup of juice with a bottle of tequila and don't go upstairs. Watch a TV show or something, I would be in my room." I say and she gives me a confused expression before nodding.

Without removing my clothes, I jump on my bed and retrieve my phone from my pant pocket.

I log into my account to check Mike's last seen which happens to be few minutes ago and he didn't leave me a message.

I decide to skip that and text my best friend, Jane.

Me: The plan worked! let's meet tomorrow at the usual place. If you don't call me back Bih, I'll hunt you down.

I wait for a solid ten minutes, but Jane doesn't come online. I scroll back to my direct message board with Mike.

Me: Baby.

I send and a notification pops up.

"Mike added a new photo." I read out loud, clicking on the pop up notification and the picture of Mike and a girl who isn't me fills my screen.

Now, what's your impression about Mel?

Please vote