1

Chapter 1- The Pale Girl in The Cell

A young boy with light salmon pink hair held onto the hand of his father swinging their arms. "Is this the hospital?" The onyx hue in his eyes were present as they widen at the formidable white building in front of them.

"Yes Natsu." The boy's father spoke softly as he tenderly watched his young son, "this is the hospital I work at."

Natsu quietly squealed excitedly. He is ten and is most excited about anything fairly large.

They walked in and was immediately greeted with the grim expression from two strong guards.

"Hello Igneel." One greeted. "Good-morning Dr. Dragneel." The other addressed. "Who might this be?" Their grim faces turned into sweet smiles.

Natsu smiled with a bright blush forming on his tan cheeks. "I'm Natsu! And I'm ten!"

"Good-morning Dr. Natsu." A woman's voice rang. Natsu walked towards the voice. It was a beautiful older woman with white hair casting down her shoulders, her blue eyes shinning like crystals and her smile beaming happily.

"Hello!" He greeted. The woman giggled, "I'm Mira, I work with your father."

"She will also be the one to watch over you as I fulfill my duties."

Natsu pouted, "I'm supposed to be with you! It's take your child to work day after all!"

Igneel shook his head, "this is as far as I could take you, I work with dangerous and insane people, thinking you may come in contact or close to the people is an inane assumption."

"I'm sorry father."

"You can make it up to me by sitting here patiently, I shouldn't be long."

Natsu nodded and sat down on a leather chair in the lobby they were already at. Igneel ran a tan hand through his red hair. He tighten his grip on the handle of his brown suitcase and walked out the white room.

A ball flew past Natsu. His head turned to see where to went, he held a confused expression as someone's giggle erupted inside the room.

"Sorry Natsu, I meant to throw that ball at you so you have some form of entertainment." Mira smiled apologetically.

Natsu shook his head, "I'll get it!" He jumped from his seat and ran down the halls to find the colorful ball.

There, at the end of the hallway, was an almost jail like room with bars and a slit for food. A pale girl with blonde hair sat in the cell, a hand on her knee as she squatted examining the small ball in her other hand.

"How peculiar." She whispered.

"How is it peculiar? It's simply a ball." Natsu spoke as he inches towards her.

The young girl smiled and looked up at him, "I meant that a ball is here at all, this hospital isn't known for being the most playful building in Magnolia," she smiled, "Lucy."

Natsu smiled and held his hand out inside the jail cell, Lucy sniffed it suspiciously and licked it causing the boy to yelp and laugh.

"I-I'm Natsu!" The boy stuttered with a blush and smile.

The girl tilted her head with smiled as well.

"Why are you here?" Natsu questioned as he eyed her cell. It was empty with the exception of her steel bed, a toilet, a sink, and a metal plate. Completely different than his room back home with his posters, computer, television, and action figures as well as it painted to the color he liked.

Lucy's eyes were now clouded and a even bigger smile emerged on her face. She laughed a little before twirling her blonde hair between her slender fingers.

"I killed my parents."

Natsu stared wide eyed as he felt a sudden yank of his arm.

"What did I tell you? Go back to the lobby!" Igneel said sternly.

"I...I am sorry." He said as his eyes lingered on Lucy's. Igneel continued to pull Natsu back to the lobby as he lectured him. Lucy waved a goodbye, but she knew he would be back. For his eyes held a certain admiration, not because of her crime but how she could still keep a smile on her face...but perhaps that was because of her low sanity.