Chapter Fifteen - Creature

Start from the beginning

She rolled her eyes at him as the other three caught up.

"I'm not running. I'm walking quickly." She folded her arms.

The man grinned.

"How about we walk quickly to my house?"

"No."

His friends laughed, one shouted "Ooo burn!"

The man prickled, "You shouldn't pass up this opportunity, I'm very important." The wolf pushed out his chest. "Beta of ShadowClaw."

Kat rolled her eyes. If this wolf was Beta and he didn't know who she was, he sucked at his job.

The wolf leaned towards her.

"I can't smell you, sweetheart. Why is that?"

Kat backed away, and suddenly felt a searing pain in her chest. The street started to swim before her eyes. The wolf grabbed her arm.

"You don't look so well, sweetheart. Why don't you come with me?" His friends laughed as he started to pull her away.

Kat wrenched her arm out of his hand, almost falling over. She felt sick, spots popped in front of her eyes, a feverish shiver bubbled over her skin.

"No." She said clearly. She was glad her voice was holding strong, her body was beginning to fail her.

The wolf pushed her up against a wall, hand going to her neck.

"Maybe we'll just stay here then." He leaned in towards her as she shook her head frantically.

"The lady said no." A voice said in the darkness. Kat squinted to see.

The wolf, irritated, looked down the street.

"What's it got to do with you? Move on." The wolf growled, his friends turned, ready to fight.

The man stepped into the flickering streetlight, a spotlight framing his features. High cheekbones and a straight nose, full lips surrounded by sandy stubble, matching golden hair. Violet eyes flashing with danger."

"Lucio." Kat whispered.

The wolves stumbled backwards.

"Wh- what are you?"

Lucio smiled slowly, like a cat.

"Right question, children of the Moon."

He stalked towards them, in no hurry.

"I am a descendant of Death, a creature of Chaos, a slave of Slaughter."

The wolves all shook their heads muttering.

"Nope, vampires don't exist." The beta said.

Lucio rolled his eyes and in an instant he had one of the wolves by the throat. He smiled at it's friends, the beta moved towards him. Lucio licked his lips and long sharp fangs descended behind them. He leaned towards the wolf, biting deep into its neck, draining it completely of blood.

The beta and his remaining friends ran for their lives.

Lucio looked after them, debating killing them too.

"They're not worth it." Kat said, falling forward as another pain pulled at her leg.

Lucio nodded, "You're right, that one tasted like armpit." He frowned at the dead wolf.

Kat laughed, falling into Lucio's open arms.

"Not going to scold me for following you?" He smiled down at her as Kat shook her head.