"Not that I have every right to feel jealous, it's just, I don't know, I feel my present will be a little, embarrassing, or at least a little too much?"

The skilled arrow master shook his head, disagreeing with the Captain's stance.

"Capsicle, she's gonna love it. I, for the record, don't consider it at all embarrassing."

Steve's weeping expression faltered into a little smile. He couldn't help but feel much more excited than jealous as of this moment.

"And it has dawned upon us, that this time of year has finally arrived, once and for all."

It was currently Christmas Eve, aka the night of the big Secret Santa reveal.

Members of the Avengers, new and old, gathered 'round in a circle, surrounding the gifts they all contributed for one another, while nestled near the warm, comforting fire.

There was a buzz of glad tidings and cheer around the area, it was evident that everyone was excited to find out about their Secret Santa, as well as their presents.

"Since he arrived first, and as always, Captain Dorito here will get to go first," Tony swerved his direction to Steve who was oddly enough sitting sandwiched between Natasha and Clint.

The blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty stood up from his seat and reached for is gift, succumbed in the middle of all the others.

"Remember, three guesses before you open the present!" Tony reminded Steve before he could shake out all the anticipation.

He scanned his eyes across the room, making sure to see who was secretly smirking behind their masked faces.

"Sam," Steve announced proudly.

The Falcon laughed a bit before shaking his head, "Nope, nice try."

His forehead creased a bit and Steve switched his glance from his present to his teammates gathered around him. The gift wasn't too big, which meant it was definitely not Tony, but it wasn't too small either.

"Thor?" He guessed again.

"Nay," the god of thunder shook his head, "it was not me this time."

He had one more try before the Secre Santa could reveal him or herself. And he didn't want to guess wrong unlike last year.

"Wanda?"

"Bingo!" The young witch stood up and sat back down again while exchanging a smile to the Captain.

Unable to control his urge to know what his younger sister figure had bought him, Steve ripped open the present, revealing a box, containing a hand-knitted sweater of a Captain America puppy on the front.

"Thank you, Wanda, I appreciate this."

"It's so adorable!" Natasha cooed as she happily glanced at the Captain America puppy knitted on the front.

The rest of the night continued on with guesses, incorrect or correct. And when it came to Natasha's turn, Steve was more than nervous, but, his hands were extremely sweaty and his heart was racing twice the beats per minute.

However, flood of relief followed when the Spy had guessed incorrectly thrice, which came to a surprise to the Captain.

Clint gave Steve a little look as the young assassin tore open her Secret Santa present.

"Oh my god."

And there it was. The beautifully decorated, red, ballerina-inspired box with a key attached on the top.

"Thank you, whoever you are, Secret Santa."

Later that night, when everyone was fast asleep, a not-so-tired Steve Rogers made his way down the elevator, to the main kitchen to have a glass of warm milk.

However, he wasn't alone. In fact, there was a certain red-head waiting for him on top of the kitchen stools, behind the kitchen island, with the exact same ballerina box he had gifted to her.

"Morning, stranger," She greeted, looking very much awake rather than sleepy.

Steve shot a smile back to the Widow, greeting her in return.

"So after thirty minutes of not realizing this box had a key for it to open, I had stumbled upon extra presents hidden inside of it."

Steve's cheeks were hot red, luckily, under the dim light, the Spy could not see how bashful he felt.

"And I found what might be the greatest presents I have ever gotten."

The Spy held up the original copy of skinny Steve before holding up the miniature Captain America bear she had wanted to so badly win those years back.

"And you could never forget the special scarf that kept us from freezing to death on that mission in Russia a few years back," Natasha held up the worn and torn piece of cloth remains of the knitted scarf.

Though there was one thing she was forgetting, Steve felt a rush of relief when he saw a huge grin plastered across her face.

"You know me too well, Rogers."

"What can I say, I am an excellent gift giver."

And before they could head back upstairs, Natasha pulled out the note from behind her pocket and waved it in the air.

"It's only appropriate if we make your wish come true," She said with a seductive look smeared across her face.

Quite ironically, they were both standing underneath a mistletoe. And that was the first night they shared their first Christmas kiss.

a/n; this was so long ! but so fun to make,,, it also helped me lose some of my writers block so thank jesus. merry early christmas everyone and hope these holidays are safe for you xx ree 💕

( also this was the longest one-shot i've ever written ,,, hot damn )