Chapter 4 - "Goodbye for now!"

Start from the beginning

"Yes?" She questioned turning around.

"Hum hai raahi pyaar kai, phir milenge chaltay chaltay!" He sang loudly shaking his head.

"Mr Malhotra, you're impossible!" She said with a sigh.

"On a serious note doctor, I would love to bump into you magically in this busy city someday." He said with a smile.

"And when we do bump into each other, I promise to say hi and maybe sit together for a coffee." She suggested.

"That does not sound like a bad idea!" He said.

"My ideas are never bad Mr Malhotra!" She said with a smug look.

"Quite confident eh?" He questioned.

"Very! Now I'm really sorry but I have to leave. The operation is due to start soon. Take care Mr Malhotra. Oh, and I hope that you find your special girl soon!" She said with s genuine smile.

"Thank you, and I hope some guy comes in your life and changes your views for good!" He too wished her.

"Woh toh hokay rahaa! We'll see about that! Anyways goodbye!" She said.

"Oh no, you say goodbye for now! Kya pataa, we might meet again!" He said with hope visible in his eyes.

"Goodbye for now then!" She said as she walked out of the room with a smile on her face.

A couple of minutes later, Zoya and Amayra walked in.

"Where's the Doctor aunty, chachu?" Little Amayra questioned.

"She's gone!" Manik replied.

"What do you mean by she's gone?" Amayra further asked.

"Princess doctor aunty has gone to attend another patient." He then said.

"Okayy! Mumma can I please draw in my book." Amayra said as she pointed towards the bag Zoya had brought with her. Zoya nodded and pulled out a colouring book and some pencil crayons for her little daughter. Amayra sat on the chair in the corner and engrossed herself in her drawing.

"Manik, She's nice! Isn't she?" Zoya questioned and Manik knew who she was talking about.

"She's lovely! And so different!" He immediately replied as a smile adorned his face.

"I know! And I love that about her!" Zoya confessed.

"It's so sad I probably won't be able to see her again!" Manik confessed.

"You can make that happen Manik!" Zoya said with words full of hope.

"No bhabhi, if fate wants us to meet then we will. Otherwise, it was not meant to be!" Manik said with a slight smile.

"Manik, you like her?" Zoya questioned. She was suddenly quite serious, what if her brother-in-law actually like this girl he has known for just 24 hours. If he did, then she wouldn't let him just let her go like that. As silly as that sounds, it was true. You can know someone for years and still feel like you hardly know them, or you can meet somebody for the matter of a few hours and feel like you've known them a lifetime.

"What? Bhabhi I've known her for the matter of 24 hours. I don't think that's enough to know somebody properly. All I'm saying is that she's a lovely girl and I wouldn't mind staying in contact with her. I feel like I want to get to know her. She's so different and that is what I am intrigued about." Manik explained. He wasn't in love with her, he was merely attracted to her. Or so he thought.

"Hmmmm, she is indeed very different. And let me say, for these eight years I have known you, I have never seen you talk about any girl like this. She has indeed got your attention." Zoya replied with a smile.

"I guess so bhabhi. Anyway, enough talking about a girl who I probably won't see again unless I break another bone. Please call up bhai and find out where they are, I have a date waiting for me at home." Manik said with a giggle.

"A date? With who?" Zoya questioned with confusion.

"My comfy bed, of course!" He said with a smirk.

"Manik! You're impossible!" She exclaimed as she rolled her eyes at him.

Manik was discharged from the hospital after an hour. He didn't get to see Nandini again, he wanted to of course. However, Nandini was in the operation theatre. His mind kept wandering about her. She was a very complicated girl, and he wanted to figure her out. But alas fate did not give them a chance. Manik really wanted to ask her for maybe her phone number, or even her Instagram. But he was too shy. Yes, the Manik Malhotra who was always confident in all that he did was now nervous to ask a girl for her phone number. Such was the charisma of Nandini Murthy.

The two souls bid bye to each other on this day without knowing whether they would meet again or not. But life has a way of playing its own game. They didn't meet to part ways, they met to embark on a new journey. The journey of love! Sure they had a long way to go yet, and a lot of challenges to face. But who said the journey of love is always easy? True love needs to be tested in order to make it stronger. Manik and Nandini, two completely different individuals with different views on love and marriage met finally only to go their own ways soon after. How will their next meeting be now and when will it be?

"You made a first impression on me that I can't forget, and it must have made me fall for you."

~Anonymous

A/N: Chapter 4 updated! Hope you all like it. Do let me know through your comments please! 🙈😊 Lots of love xxx